Indiana match-up preview video | The Boneyard

Indiana match-up preview video

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Hey everyone, a quick video breaking down the keys to the match-up vs Indiana at MSG.

Video:

Highlights
  • Indiana likely without senior PG, Xavier Johnson. This will be a big blow to them offensively
  • They are the tallest team we will face this year
  • 3 point shooting will be a key to this game
  • Indiana is just 11-40 through 3 games on 3PTA
  • Indiana has allowed opponents to shoot 37-98 on 3PTA through 3 games
  • Indiana has taken more mid-range 2PT shots than 3s (a trend that plays favorably into UConns defensive goals)
  • Rebounding will be a point of emphasis for Indiana, and Mike Woodson has not bee happy with their rebounding this season so far

Other game notes that didn't make the cut
  • UConn faces Kel'el Ware for the 2nd time in 2 years. He is a sophomore transfer from Oregon and he scored 18pts vs UConn last season in the PK85 (including 2-3 from 3)
  • Indiana is a physical team that really trys to draw fouls. We struggled a bit with fouling vs MVSU so this will be something to watch
  • Without Castle and with Indiana's poor outside shooting, I wonder if we play some more zone than usual in this one
  • Indiana will be relying on young guards without Johnson. I think we will see Hurley put on some full court press
  • Indiana has a lot of size... do we see the double bigs from UConn (I'd guess no)

Reaction Score
Yeah he was limping after the game but their coach hasn't given an update yet. At minimum, its doubtful he's at 100%.

Their other backup guards are babies with mediocre pedigree. Galloway is a combo a bit like a worse shooting Spencer and Reneau can pass, so the bigger thing will be the loss of scoring and rim pressure. Cupps has been turnover prone, so I expect maybe Ball/Newton and Diarra would be up in his business.

Reaction Score
Karaban really stepped up defensively against Bryce Hopkins later in the year last year, and I think he'll be tested a lot in this game too, hopefully with a similar outcome. Reneau can't shoot like Hopkins, but he's a really good facilitator for his size, and he's been very consistent so far this year (shot 50% or better in every game, scoring just about 15 a game).

It'll be interesting to see how we navigate the Clingan vs Ware matchup, which seems like the most important one to me. If we can make life hard on the interior for them, they don't have much consistent outside scoring, especially with Xavier Johnson out.

Reaction Score
Yeah he was limping after the game but their coach hasn't given an update yet. At minimum, its doubtful he's at 100%.

Their other backup guards are babies with mediocre pedigree. Galloway is a combo a bit like a worse shooting Spencer and Reneau can pass, so the bigger thing will be the loss of scoring and rim pressure. Cupps has been turnover prone, so I expect maybe Ball/Newton and Diarra would be up in his business.
Wait What? Their coach hasn't given an injury update yet? Outrage!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom