Indiana Fever @ New York Liberty - 6/10/18 | The Boneyard

Indiana Fever @ New York Liberty - 6/10/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
NY needs this to turn things around. Indiana may be the worst team in the league. Let Kia guard Kelsey Mitchell.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I have seen enough of Kelsey Mitchell to be convinced that the step up to the WNBA is not affecting her game in the least. On days (or even quarters) where she is feeling it, she can score on anyone. Her hesitation moves and change of direction cannot be defended 1-1 and as was the case with UConn, a team defense is needed. Of course, Kelsey is more than capable of getting out of control, trying to shoot bad 3's from 30 feet and costing a game (like the LV Aces game). Still, she is the only player on the fever worth watching imho.

Reaction Score
I have seen enough of Kelsey Mitchell to be convinced that the step up to the WNBA is not affecting her game in the least. On days (or even quarters) where she is feeling it, she can score on anyone. Her hesitation moves and change of direction cannot be defended 1-1 and as was the case with UConn, a team defense is needed. Of course, Kelsey is more than capable of getting out of control, trying to shoot bad 3's from 30 feet and costing a game (like the LV Aces game). Still, she is the only player on the fever worth watching imho.

At the end of the Dallas game, she made the mistake of intentionally fouling Diggins when she didn’t need to. There would have been time left if they made one last defensive stop. Could have been Pokey’s fault, I’m not sure. Seemed like rookie thing.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
At the end of the Dallas game, she made the mistake of intentionally fouling Diggins when she didn’t need to. There would have been time left if they made one last defensive stop. Could have been Pokey’s fault, I’m not sure. Seemed like rookie thing.
The way Pokey reacted, I am betting she must have mentioned not to foul. That is rookie stuff which I assume she will outgrow but her style of play will not change.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree—Kelsey can score at this level. The more important question—can she win?

Reaction Score
38-36 NYL at the half

Zellous 9 pts, 1 reb, 1 blk

K Mitchell 9 pts, 2 reb

Reaction Score
Mitchell looking pretty good. Shes shooting 7-10 for 18 pts

Nurse has 10 pts

Reaction Score
78-75 NYL final

Rodgers 16 pts, 3 reb, 2 ast

K Mitchell 19 pts, 3 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
78-75 NYL final

Rodgers 16 pts, 3 reb, 2 ast

K Mitchell 19 pts, 3 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl

Rodgers had her best game to be sure but Bria Hartley was the true difference maker scoring big big shots at the end on drives to the basket and playing stifling defense on Kelsey Mitchell on the last bucket chance. Liberty needed this desperately. :D:D:D

Reaction Score
Good game/exciting finish. Kia 28 minutes off the bench, more PT than all but 2 starters (Tina-34, Bria-28). Nice UConn-fest except no Kiah.

At Mercury-Aces game now. A’ja can play with the big girls, but Griner just too much for any of their bigs. Plum seems competent at PG. No sign of Moriah, plain clothes or otherwise...?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Plum seems competent at PG.

6 assists 0 turnovers today, pretty good. Only 3-10 from the floor but got to the FT line and had her second double figure scoring game of the season.

Reaction Score
The way Pokey reacted, I am betting she must have mentioned not to foul. That is rookie stuff which I assume she will outgrow but her style of play will not change.[/QUOTE

eebmg- - - Kelsey Mitchell has always been a one dimensional player, offense over defense, Indiana will have to decide if they're willing to tolerate the lack of defense to get the offense!

Reaction Score
6 assists 0 turnovers today, pretty good. Only 3-10 from the floor but got to the FT line and had her second double figure scoring game of the season.
Yeah Plum can play in the WNBA. We were sitting 2nd row behind the basket. When KP was shooting FTs at that end the Mercury fans were yelling and waving and trying to mess her up. My friend said, “Forget it - she’s gonna make ‘em.” She did.

But when the Aces were sorta threatening the Mercury at the end, Griner switched off A’ja to block a KP layup. It was embarrassing - like, “Hey I normally wouldn’t do this to you but, you know, the game’s on the line and all...” Griner had 7 blocks - totally dominated.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yeah Plum can play in the WNBA. We were sitting 2nd row behind the basket. When KP was shooting FTs at that end the Mercury fans were yelling and waving and trying to mess her up. My friend said, “Forget it - she’s gonna make ‘em.” She did.

But when the Aces were sorta threatening the Mercury at the end, Griner switched off A’ja to block a KP layup. It was embarrassing - like, “Hey I normally wouldn’t do this to you but, you know, the game’s on the line and all...” Griner had 7 blocks - totally dominated.
A'ja's gonna grow up y'all. Griner had her today, maybe all of this year and possibly the next. But Ms. Wilson's time is coming, and the day will come when she knocks Ms. Griner back on her rear end. Go A'ja.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Another smart, efficient game by Kia who only took 5 shots. It looked like she contributed tonight with ball movement and defense.

Reaction Score
A'ja's gonna grow up y'all. Griner had her today, maybe all of this year and possibly the next. But Ms. Wilson's time is coming, and the day will come when she knocks Ms. Griner back on her rear end. Go A'ja.
Agree A’ja will be a force in the WNBA. But she ain’t gonna be knocking Griner on her *ss anytime soon. Britney is a seriously bigger person - a MUCH larger human being than A’ja, and much less of it is baby fat.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A’ja is averaging close to 20 and 8, but, considering where she shoots from, 42% is mediocre. I’d like to see that at 48% or higher.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Agree A’ja will be a force in the WNBA. But she ain’t gonna be knocking Griner on her *ss anytime soon. Britney is a seriously bigger person - a MUCH larger human being than A’ja, and much less of it is baby fat.
I seem to remember even Stewie had issues with both Griner and Parker the first time they faced off in the pros. Give A'ja time, she's still a puppy. That baby fat will melt away as she adds strength and better footwork inside to her game. 2-3 years baby, and watch A'ja shine.

Reaction Score
I seem to remember even Stewie had issues with both Griner and Parker the first time they faced off in the pros. Give A'ja time, she's still a puppy. That baby fat will melt away as she adds strength and better footwork inside to her game. 2-3 years baby, and watch A'ja shine.
Agree she will grow up. And she’ll shine. But she won’t grow up to 6’9”.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The things that A’ja clearly has are size and strength. She needs to work on her right hand, more moves, and her shot, but her physicality is getting her 20 and 8.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
A’ja is averaging close to 20 and 8, but, considering where she shoots from, 42% is mediocre. I’d like to see that at 48% or higher.

A'ja missed an awful lot of short jumpers from 3-10 feet out in college, she'll need to improve on that in the pros. Very good start for her, but her FG% is pretty low and she takes a lot of shots, especially for a rookie. She's 3rd in the league in FGA/game (Charles leads with a whopping 20 per game.) Give her some time and another quality teammate or two and she'll be very good. She has a unique combination of quickness, size and aggression that not many players have. I think Jefferson coming back could make a big difference, plus if they are lottery bound next year they can add in another big that pushes Wilson to the 4, or they can bring in a very good offensive player like Samuelson who can help spread the floor.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Agree she will grow up. And she’ll shine. But she won’t grow up to 6’9”.
Agreed. But you don't need to teach height (which is impossible) to stop it and score against it. Push her off her spots, attack her physically and run her up and down and you can have success. Shot blockers love to be in the air and good footwork inside can often get them into foul trouble. These are all some of A'ja's strengths.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom