Independent Scheduling | The Boneyard

Independent Scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Looked up teams with 2020 openings. I’m sure we can finagle something but even if we don’t theres a lot of good teams on this list

Are you UConn football facts??

Reaction Score
If UConn is going to have a good football schedule, they will need a top TV partner for football. For example, SNY can't be expected to televise a UConn home game with P5 schools as the game would not be televised for most of the visiting school's teams. My guess it will be FOX (FS1 or FS2) for big home games and SNY for the rest.

It will be interesting to see what the football TV package is as it will determine UConn's fate as a FBS independent.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Looked up teams with 2020 openings. I’m sure we can finagle something but even if we don’t theres a lot of good teams on this list

There's nobody who can argue with a straight face that any of those AAC teams are in any way more or less appealing than being an independent and being about to schedule anyone else on that list.

Reaction Score
If UConn is going to have a good football schedule, they will need a top TV partner for football. For example, SNY can't be expected to televise a UConn home game with P5 schools as the game would not be televised for most of the visiting school's teams. My guess it will be FOX (FS1 or FS2) for big home games and SNY for the rest.

It will be interesting to see what the football TV package is as it will determine UConn's fate as a FBS independent.

It seems like they’ve got something up their sleeve doesn’t it?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As I feel at the current moment, the only thing I am concerned about is bowl tie-in when eligible.

Even if UConn were 9-3...in a few years...they would theoretically have to wait out the invitations to 6-6 conference affiliated teams, and this assumes an opening for a 5-7 bid, which while there are 86 or so spots, does not happen yearly. No way am I holding my breath for any ESPN help either, since UConn wiggled out of their most cost effective property. UConn is going to have to around ESPN in obtaining a tie-in guarantee. Not an easy task as ESPN pretty much controls most of the non-major bowls.

UConn just blew up ESPN's initial E+ experiment.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm trying to temper expectations until we start getting deals done, but I like how this is playing out so far.

I'm glad the buyout negotiations were done fairly quickly so that we can get this thing moving. 2020 is coming quick.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm trying to temper expectations until we start getting deals done, but I like how this is playing out so far.

I'm glad the buyout negotiations were done fairly quickly so that we can get this thing moving. 2020 is coming quick.
As a basketball fan, I feel like Wayne, but as a football fan, I'm definitely and firmly in the Garth camp.

Reaction Score
I may have missed this, but if the AAC doesn't replace UConn, can those programs just continue to schedule UConn as an out of conference game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom