In your bracket, how far does UCONN go? | The Boneyard

In your bracket, how far does UCONN go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I pray I am wrong but I have them losing to Kentucky. It pains me to do it. I need to be talked into changing it because there's a good amount of money involved. I just want honest answers.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I picked them to lose to Iowa State. Call me pessimistic, I guess. I'd rather temper my expectations and have them prove me wrong than get all worked up and be disappointed.

Reaction Score
Losing to Iowa State.

Before anyone slams me for soiling the mojo, last year I had us losing to SDSU (also the first game we were the underdog) and that didn't hurt a d*mn thing.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
champs, always.

with duke losing in first or second round, always.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
champs, always.

with duke losing in first or second round, always.

Lehigh is pretty good this year... they were up big on St. John's but couldn't close the game out.. only lost by 5 to St. John's. Only lost to Iowa State by 9... and Michigan State by 9. Not a traditional Patriot League team... and they can score.

I'm a Lehigh alum... I was hoping for a better seed.. but their SOS was so bad that I figured they'd end up at 15. It'd be awesome for them to take Duke out.

Oh yeah... and UConn wins the whole thing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Losing to Kentucky. As a fan/alumn of two teams (Huskies always my #1) I can afford to play the homer with the other team this year, and picked the Jayhawks to cut down the nets. The really great part is that I will be pretty damned excited if they can even beat Iowa St. If they manage to beat Kentucky....that's it, my season is complete. I don't need anything more from this group.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i always do 1 bracket where its pro uconn/be thoughts from a uconn fan
-uconn wins
-cuse early exit
-pitt sweet16(no need this year)
-nd early out
-duke upset
-vt gets a win
and so on...

Reaction Score
Of course, Huskies all the way if they beat Kentucky!
Hey anything is possible! :)

Reaction Score
Heads talking say things like UCONN can certainly win a couple of games this year, that after saying Kentucky is far away the most talented team. We could win IS and get up for Kentucky then lose to a 5 seed. We have been a crap shoot all year, but we are #1 in my bracket.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Oh My god............. this Bracket thread is the equivalent of "is that a turkey leg in JC's hand" !
<Mojo history lesson coming up, pay attention>:Do you know the original hung-ee ;) Beneduke was hung for picking Duke to win the title in '99 so he could win a free F'in PIZZA???!!!

If we have been scrounging for victims this year, look no further than all the heretics in this thread picking aginst the Huskies.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Lehigh is pretty good this year... they were up big on St. John's but couldn't close the game out.. only lost by 5 to St. John's. Only lost to Iowa State by 9... and Michigan State by 9. Not a traditional Patriot League team... and they can score.

I'm a Lehigh alum... I was hoping for a better seed.. but their SOS was so bad that I figured they'd end up at 15. It'd be awesome for them to take Duke out.

Oh yeah... and UConn wins the whole thing.

Well then, in your honor, I'm taking Lehigh. I had Duke losing to ND, but I think Lehigh can finish the job that Belmont almost did for me a couple years ago.

Reaction Score
Its stupid not to pick UCONN. How difficult is it to actually pick the champion with all of the upsets which occur from year to year?
Just pick Uconn every year and you will get it right once every 5 or 6 years.

Well, at least that's my rationale for suckering myself into have UCONN over OSU in the finals.

Reaction Score
Champs

Rolling rock and buffalo wings do the brackets not me.

Reaction Score
I think we`ll get by isu but i think uk will beat us. if we do upset uk i believe all bets are off and this team will be so confident and on such a high it could propell us to a national title. no one in our bracket scares me other than ku. imho we`d wipe the floor with duke and i dont see them getting to the elite 8 anyway. i think itll be uk/uconn vs baylor to go to the final four in the south.

Reaction Score
I can envision three possible scenarios:

1. UConn loses in the first round to Iowa State, partly because ISU is a good team and partly because UConn's not nearly as good as their talent would indicate.

2. UConn beats Iowa State, has every intention of beating Kentucky, but falls just short and loses by 6-8 points, similar to the Cuse games.

3. National Champs, cuz if we slay the dragon it's hard to envision us not winning it all.

One word of advice on the brackets: Don't be afraid to look like an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds