In the mind of Kia Nurse | The Boneyard

In the mind of Kia Nurse

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I believe Kia Nurse has it in her mind to let everyone associated with the WCB; players, coaches, fans, journalists, even admin folks; that she IS a Canadian ALL-AMERICAN. They were just exhibition games … BUT I see a more relaxed and really confident Kia. No more pressing! Just relaxed playing. We shall see if this demeanor continues against the first 10 or so teams which will test her. I think she will triumph. I know just exhibition games. However, if scoring makes an AA then a 20 PT/G Avg based on a FG% of 82% (14-17) and a 3FG% of 82% (9-11) will make her an C-AA. Yikes!

Reaction Score
You could see that beginning last year, around the turn toward league play. Her shot started dropping, meaning she was a lot more relaxed. But now, certainly having Crystal back there--who is unhesitant about leading from the point--has to help. We all learned to respect and admire Saniya, but she wasn't always a reliable leader, and Lou and Pheesa were works in progress. This year, the team is far more a known quantity, Kia's role is well-defined, and every athlete (heck, everyone) does better under those circumstances.

Reaction Score
I believe Kia Nurse has it in her mind to let everyone associated with the WCB; players, coaches, fans, journalists, even admin folks; that she IS a Canadian ALL-AMERICAN. They were just exhibition games … BUT I see a more relaxed and really confident Kia. No more pressing! Just relaxed playing. We shall see if this demeanor continues against the first 10 or so teams which will test her. I think she will triumph. I know just exhibition games. However, if scoring makes an AA then a 20 PT/G Avg based on a FG% of 82% (14-17) and a 3FG% of 82% (9-11) will make her an C-AA. Yikes!

On the money, and having so much fun!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
When the season started Kia said thought she had to put the team on her shoulders and that bothered her and affected her play. Once the coaches assured her she did not have that that responsibility, she loosened up and played better. We all saw how well she played the latter part of the season.

Reaction Score

Perfectly articulated, that's exactly what I'm seeing too. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we end up having six of the top seven players in the nation this year, with A'ja Wilson also somewhere in that mix. Of course, that won't translate into five All-Americans, unfortunately.

The way I see it... three of these Huskies already have that honor. Danger will almost certainly achieve it next season, as will Z if she stays. That leaves Kia, with just one year left. Uh, yeah, I'd say she has a thing or two in her mind around this! Gonna be real fun to watch this unfold.

Reaction Score
I think the OP is right. Remember those three-pointers last year? It took her a while to warm up, but after several games she started connecting regularl;y, and they were nails in the other team's coffin. If she does this all the time this year, it will make the team very difficult to stop.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Lots of Kia in Adamec's piece about the game. Nurse leads UConn to exhibition rout over Ashland

"It's always the same thing every day in practice," UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. "Kia always is the one to get the most open shots. I'm sure it has something to do with some of the other players we have and our team does a good job of finding that open man. Towards the end of last season Kia became really comfortable with her role and right now she has a tremendous level of confidence."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom