In The Interest of Annoying | The Boneyard

In The Interest of Annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Certain posters who shall remain nameless on the sunny day, I offer a Hamilton, Ontario take on the tempest in a teapot:

http://www.thespec.com/sports-story...e-ruining-women-s-basketball-are-they-right-/

:);):confused::cool:
What's annoying is Kia is from Hamilton and not Montreal! I take a bit of OFFENSE with the article saying Uconn and Kia are more likely to win by 20=====50 points--I think Kia is more likely to bloody someone's nose or flatten them then score over 20---I love everything Canadian, except an unnamed candidate, but most specifically KIA!!! Nice article.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Really nice piece, and the second or third who has brought up Mike Tyson - and I think it is a really good analogy - Mike was brutal in his efficiency and often the best bet was whether the other guy was going to last through the first round, not if he was going to win.

And the one thing that is different with Mike, is it was some Palooka named Buster who stopped it, not because he was good, but because Mike got fat and lazy and basically stopped training. Well, that isn't happening with Uconn, some one is actually going to have to be good enough to really beat them. The pressure may build to a point where it has an impact this weekend but I doubt it, and then the team gets reconfigured and who knows how it looks next year, but there will not be any fat and lazy coming out in Uconn uniforms EVER.

Reaction Score
Well, that isn't happening with Uconn, some one is actually going to have to be good enough to really beat them. The pressure may build to a point where it has an impact this weekend but I doubt it, and then the team gets reconfigured and who knows how it looks next year, but there will not be any fat and lazy coming out in Uconn uniforms EVER.
What you said. And further, in a team, rather than an individual, contest, the danger is that in a very close game everyone will look to one player to carry them: just make a couple of shots, etc. But UConn has 3 stars, each of whom feel entirely comfortable in stepping up if necessary, and Kia was quite impressive in last year's NC, so we know she has game. Lou is doing better under pressure; and, while Gabby feels it sometimes, so far, Napheesa has ice water in her veins. All in all, not a team that will fold. Just too many good players out there and a coaching staff who's been to the big show once or twice, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom