In the Day | The Boneyard

In the Day

Reaction Score
Watching the 2010 game at Syracuse. Camera shot of Geno and the necktie to be given to a lucky fan after the game. Not sure when the jacket and tie left the sidelines. Fellow boomers know the routine from our work careers. Anybody ever miss it ?
Second question : is the Tina-Maya dynasty overlooked ? Watching Tiff kick butt in Brooklyn last night ignited my memory.
In 2010 records fell at a dazzling rate all season. And that opening 10 minutes against Mulkey and Griner in the FF cemented it.

Reaction Score
Watching the 2010 game at Syracuse. Camera shot of Geno and the necktie to be given to a lucky fan after the game. Not sure when the jacket and tie left the sidelines. Fellow boomers know the routine from our work careers. Anybody ever miss it ?
Second question : is the Tina-Maya dynasty overlooked ? Watching Tiff kick butt in Brooklyn last night ignited my memory.
In 2010 records fell at a dazzling rate all season. And that opening 10 minutes against Mulkey and Griner in the FF cemented it.

Sure is…. Back to back undefeated seasons.

Reaction Score
I think that UCONN had a different defensive intensity back then. Don't get me wrong they still play tough, hardnosed defense but the intensity of the coaches was different in my memory. With that said I fully expect UCONN to go undefeated next season if everyone is healthy and much of that is because the will play solid defense.

Reaction Score
I think that UCONN had a different defensive intensity back then. Don't get me wrong they still play tough, hardnosed defense but the intensity of the coaches was different in my memory. With that said I fully expect UCONN to go undefeated next season if everyone is healthy and much of that is because the will play solid defense.
I agree! Still great, but definitely not as intense!

Reaction Score
Sue Bird & DT have said recently that Geno has mellowed big-time!
He was a lot harder back when they played and they tell today's team they're lucky he's easier now!

Reaction Score
Defensive intensity comes from intense practices, and those require more healthy players than we've had the last two years. With a roster of 14 I think we'll again be able to practice the sort of intensity needed for intense D in games.

Reaction Score
Defensive intensity requires huge energy expenditure and more than 7 or 8 healthy bodies. 2024 may see that style return bigtime.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom