In more positive news, Bazz picking it up | The Boneyard

In more positive news, Bazz picking it up

Reaction Score
Shabazz has put together a solid stretch of games, great to see him take advantage as his minutes increase (20+ last 8 games). Tonight is 3rd game in a row with 20 or more points and his shooting %'s are much better.

Looks like Teague is injured and most likely on the block so our guy has been starting and seizing the opportunity. Love to see it, keep it going Shabazz!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He is trending on the Jeremy Lamb path. Held on to roster spits while figuring out how to succeed. Couple of decent seasons as back up and fill in starter. Next thing you know you're getting $15m/yr contracts.

Good for Bazz and Uconn's reputation.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The guy who complains this board is unfairly critical of players pollutes a thread recognizing the success of an alumni.
Some people don't know how to tell a joke, I think.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No, he's serious.
I'm not sure. It sounded to me like a guy at work who says stuff like that all the time thinking he's edgy and funny.

Reaction Score
Love Shabazz. Just think about this, he is at BEST a sub-par NBA athlete, and he can still play in the league at that size.

What does that tell you? Napier has an insane level of skill. I don't think we fully appreciate how good a basketball player he is. To be able to play in the NBA with that athletic and size profile is extraordinary. If he had superior nba athleticism he has nba all-star talent. Put that skill in Terry Rozier's body and he is 25 PPG.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Shabazz has been starting for the past month, even with Teague healthy but was only getting about 20 minutes per game as Teague was coming off the bench and playing more. Not entirely sure why Bazz was starting and only getting 20 minutes, but based on the box scores he was also really struggling to score with very poor efficiency.

But now he has full control of the offense with Teague out and he is taking full advantage of his bump in minutes to 30+ per game. T-wolves also won 2 of past 3 games and almost beat the Bucks in Milwaukee. Hope Shabazz can keep it up!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What does that tell you? Napier has an insane level of skill. I don't think we fully appreciate how good a basketball player he is.
I remember reading an article using advanced metrics that made the case that Bazz was the most effective NCAA player that season. It was his junior season. I'll always give him a ton of credit for watching the 2011 Women's semi's in the lobby of the J.W. Marriott with his mom and many, many UConn fans. I also remember the lobby bar running out of beer and the classy J.W. Marriott resorting to selling Lite's from a rubber garbage can filled with ice.

Reaction Score
what's going on with the T Wolves? Karl Anthony Towns is out and may be traded? Andrew Wiggins is also not playing? I thought they supposedly had a halfway decent team before?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Love Shabazz. Just think about this, he is at BEST a sub-par NBA athlete, and he can still play in the league at that size.

What does that tell you? Napier has an insane level of skill. I don't think we fully appreciate how good a basketball player he is. To be able to play in the NBA with that athletic and size profile is extraordinary. If he had superior nba athleticism he has nba all-star talent. Put that skill in Terry Rozier's body and he is 25 PPG.

Hanging on to a roster spot while figuring out his niche has been his best skill. Most players' egos don't let them do that. I cringe to say it, but JJ Reddick had to do the same thing for his first contract with the Magic. Going from a 30 mpg + player and All-American to middle of the bench player took him some time. But he figured it out and is making bank right now.

Reaction Score
He's shooting 35% from 3 as a starter (7 games), but was only shooting 20% from 3 as a reserve (14 games).

He needs his final 3pt% to finish near that 35% mark if he wants to stick in the league.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I remember reading an article using advanced metrics that made the case that Bazz was the most effective NCAA player that season.
That was the year we suited up as few as 8 scholarship players at times during the season, and bazz kept getting us to OT and usually taking over in OT. If I recall correctly, we were 5 of 7 in OT games, and could have been 6 of 7 if there wasn't some kind of controversial call that sent the the G'town game to double OT. For the life of me, I can't recall what the call was. Maybe I'm mixing up two games. 2013 seems like so long ago.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He is trending on the Jeremy Lamb path. Held on to roster spits while figuring out how to succeed. Couple of decent seasons as back up and fill in starter. Next thing you know you're getting $15m/yr contracts.

Good for Bazz and Uconn's reputation.
Bazz is 29 next season idk man

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Shabazz has been starting for the past month, even with Teague healthy but was only getting about 20 minutes per game as Teague was coming off the bench and playing more. Not entirely sure why Bazz was starting and only getting 20 minutes, but based on the box scores he was also really struggling to score with very poor efficiency.

But now he has full control of the offense with Teague out and he is taking full advantage of his bump in minutes to 30+ per game. T-wolves also won 2 of past 3 games and almost beat the Bucks in Milwaukee. Hope Shabazz can keep it up!
I had Bazz pegged for a better NBA career than he’s shown up to this point because I felt his BBIQ was off the charts even with his sub par athleticism. But I also felt his 3pt shooting percentages would have been higher than it is.

What you describe is a player who is playing freer now and not looking over his shoulder. He has to play like this when someone is ready to replace him and not play defensively.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom