In good hands: Andre Jackson says Donovan Clingan, Alex Karaban will keep UConn’s future bright | The Boneyard

In good hands: Andre Jackson says Donovan Clingan, Alex Karaban will keep UConn’s future bright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
hell no, he’s getting positive feedback after the combine & let him get his bag

i believe karaban is gonna be the biggest problem for teams, especially with a big guard distributing

Reaction Score
I’ve always thought that Hawk would be a lottery pick and Sanogo would be drafted, but I’m a bit surprised that we’ve probably seen the last of AJ in a UConn uniform. Maybe those thoughts were self-serving since Andre is my favorite player, but I’ll certainly miss watching him in Storrs. Good luck AJ!

Reaction Score
“…how cool it would be to go 4-for-4
314132A5-D9C9-47A7-9CE0-FB229B28D3EB.gif

Reaction Score
Would you expect him to say anything else? Andre has elevated to being perhaps my favorite player ever. Along with Jake, Ricky, Lyman and of course Johnny Selvie.

Reaction Score
hell no, he’s getting positive feedback after the combine & let him get his bag

i believe karaban is gonna be the biggest problem for teams, especially with a big guard distributing
I think If Newton comes back he could be a poor man’s Kemba 2
Serving as the steady hand with a talented but raw kids . I believe he will have a better cast than 2011 to work and Johnson is a wild Card adding some depth / Versatility to the front court , I would not rule another run.
. If Newton doesn’t come back then unless these kids are beyond amazing I will be content with contending , making the tourney, and even winning a couple.
Winning with freshman guards carrying the load is rare .
If 3 UConn kids 2 unexpectedly go in the first round recruiting is going to be a whole lot easier So you win even if you lose short term .

Reaction Score
Bleacher Report and a few other mock drafts have Jackson going as the last pick in the first round. He’s good as gone.

I also don’t understand how Jarace Walker is seen as much a better prospect than Sanogo? Can someone explain to me how that dude is a consensus top 5 pick and Sanogo isn’t a first rounder? I don’t get the NBA at all

Reaction Score
AJ hasn’t made any of the lists that rank the top player performances at the combine. None.

IMO this likely translates to him not standing out enough to move into the 1st round of the draft. The players whom turned heads with their performance will jump ahead in the draft.

Reaction Score
Bleacher Report and a few other mock drafts have Jackson going as the last pick in the first round. He’s good as gone.

I also don’t understand how Jarace Walker is seen as much a better prospect than Sanogo? Can someone explain to me how that dude is a consensus top 5 pick and Sanogo isn’t a first rounder? I don’t get the NBA at all
1) He's not consensus top 5, but yes consensus top 10.
2) He's got the same +8" wingspan as Sanogo at an inch shorter, but with a 38" vertical and is a more fluid athlete in general. This will allow him to guard wings and bigger guards. He's also 2 years younger with a similar or better shot and is a better passer.
AJ hasn’t made any of the lists that rank the top player performances at the combine. None.

IMO this likely translates to him not standing out enough to move into the 1st round of the draft. The players whom turned heads with their performance will jump ahead in the draft.
Combine doesn't matter that much. He was fine, and he'll stay in that 25-40 range that should get him a guaranteed contract. Not that many guys really helped themselves. OMax was one of the few that may have jumped to late 1st. But that's about it.

Reaction Score
Joe Arruda is becoming our 'go to' beat writer for UConn men's basketball. Consistently good writing and information.

Way to go Joe! Thank you, you are appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom