In Depth NYT Mag. Article on WNBA, NBA, Atlanta Dream, Rene Montgomery, and Salaries | The Boneyard

In Depth NYT Mag. Article on WNBA, NBA, Atlanta Dream, Rene Montgomery, and Salaries

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Are you talking about the September 1 issue of the NYT Magazine? I couldn't find it in the print version of that issue, and it appears to be dated after that issue was printed.

Nonetheless, I read the article on my phone and I agree that it is very worthwhile. It provides a lot of depth on the league's financial challenges. I hadn't realized that when Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points in an NBA game in 1962, he did so in front of a crowd of 4,000 people in an untelevised game. And in that year, the NBA was exactly as old as the WNBA is today.

The article makes a lot of similarly original and interesting observations. Definitely worth a read.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I do think that Dave Chappelle has the correct call on the whole NBA/WNBA thing in his current Netflixs special at about the 30 minute mark. Much as I hate to admit it. ;):):eek::rolleyes: I'll give you a hint. EDD you aren't on Dave's invite list in your militancy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom