In Celebration of Ray Allen Too | The Boneyard

In Celebration of Ray Allen Too

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Rebecca:

“But my most vivid memory of Ray was when we returned after winning the national championship,” Lobo said. “We got back here and Gampel was full. Ray was the one men’s player who was here, in the back to greet us and congratulate us. That’s who Ray always has been. He always was a supporter of our team and the women. It meant a lot to all of us.”

He's also the best looking guy in a T shirt alive today.

1551629152189.png

Allen couldn’t quite recall if he was getting treatment or in study hall when the women returned from Minneapolis to a state’s fanfare, but he remembers one thing.

“I made sure I had to see it,” Allen said. “It’s one of those things you want to be a part of. I marveled at their greatness. To this day, I always make sure people know that Geno Auriemma probably is the greatest coach in the history of basketball. That’s not with a label (of greatest women’s coach). It’s just greatest coach.

“We discuss this all the time. There are a lot of great teams in the NBA, but do they bring it every single night? Geno has a huge task every single night. Rebecca is at the forefront of the greatness that started here.”

Jeff Jacobs: Rebecca Lobo’s and Ray Allen’s numbers add up to greatness

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fantastic stuff from Jacobs. Ray Allen has always been a mensch. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Both Ray and Rebecca are classy, gracious individuals who were killer players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom