In Case You Didn't Know, There is an Ignore Forum Button | The Boneyard

In Case You Didn't Know, There is an Ignore Forum Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it wasnt over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor but it's time.

I'm going on ignore so if something amazing happens in the next couple months let me know in my inbox or on the football forum.

:(

Reaction Score
I know it wasnt over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor but it's time.

I'm going on ignore so if something amazing happens in the next couple months let me know in my inbox or on the football forum.

:(

Vaya con dios, brah

Reaction Score
I may have to do that, too. I've been following this for five years. I don't think I can take much more.

Reaction Score
I may have to do that, too. I've been following this for five years. I don't think I can take much more.

I need to spend the next few days eliminating "selective noise" on twitter timeline... :)

Reaction Score
The only problem is there are the words "Forums you ignore" staring you in the eyes across the top of the page.

It's like a car crash picture of your friends and it shows you running from the scene.

Gotta man up and share the misery. :confused:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I expect the board will do some post-mortem work for a few weeks and then kinda go a little dormant until someone says something to set things off.

My guess is that Tim Brando starts it with his "ND to the ACC" stuff.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
ND to the ACC? Let me predict how that will go - UConn is the obvious choice...but wait, a call from the Gov of Texas to Swofford has alerted him to UH and their massive Texas market. ESPN sends their usual double secret wink on the Texas ad and poof, UConn is a braidsmaid again. The law of the land will continue to be about adding new markets. Our only angle is that the local ACC schools decide that we are truly better together - better ratings, better ticket sales, because of a true local rival. Even then, UH and even UC will be knocking - hard.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
ND to the ACC? Let me predict how that will go - UConn is the obvious choice...but wait, a call from the Gov of Texas to Swofford has alerted him to UH and their massive Texas market. ESPN sends their usual double secret wink on the Texas ad and poof, UConn is a braidsmaid again. The law of the land will continue to be about adding new markets. Our only angle is that the local ACC schools decide that we are truly better together - better ratings, better ticket sales, because of a true local rival. Even then, UH and even UC will be knocking - hard.

Actually, my guess is that WVU will be the school that is the biggest threat to UConn as the ACC #16. They know that the B12 ship is sinking and they need a life boat for their long term viability. They will push hard for the ACC #16 if/when ND ever decides to join. And unfortunately, I think that the old BE crew (BC/Syracuse/Pitt/Louisville/VT) will want WVU over UConn (as we have all seen their resistance to UConn already and they have strong ties to WVU from the old Big East football days). And the southern football wing of the ACC (FSU/Clemson/GT/Miami) will also much prefer the football pedigree of WVU over UConn. While the NC faction will prefer UConn, they will be completely outnumbered--just like this last go-around with Louisville.

The only way UConn has a spot in the eventual Power 4 conferences is if they go to 18 schools--which I just don't see happening. My guess is 4 conferences with 16 teams each--in which case UConn is screwed.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Actually, my guess is that WVU will be the school that is the biggest threat to UConn as the ACC #16. They know that the B12 ship is sinking and they need a life boat for their long term viability. They will push hard for the ACC #16 if/when ND ever decides to join. And unfortunately, I think that the old BE crew (BC/Syracuse/Pitt/Louisville/VT) will want WVU over UConn (as we have all seen their resistance to UConn already and they have strong ties to WVU from the old Big East football days). And the southern football wing of the ACC (FSU/Clemson/GT/Miami) will also much prefer the football pedigree of WVU over UConn. While the NC faction will prefer UConn, they will be completely outnumbered--just like this last go-around with Louisville.

The only way UConn has a spot in the eventual Power 4 conferences is if they go to 18 schools--which I just don't see happening. My guess is 4 conferences with 16 teams each--in which case UConn is screwed.
Maybe - but that B12 GOR thing will be hanging around their neck which should be too heavy a yoke.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Maybe - but that B12 GOR thing will be hanging around their neck which should be too heavy a yoke.

Not really.

The current Notre Dame contract with NBC expires in 2025. So Notre Dame wouldn't be joining the ACC until 2025 at the earliest.

Would you like to guess when the B12 GOR expires? Yup, 2025.

Quite convenient timing, huh?!:mad:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Not really.

The current Notre Dame contract with NBC expires in 2025. So Notre Dame wouldn't be joining the ACC until 2025 at the earliest.

Would you like to guess when the B12 GOR expires? Yup, 2025.

Quite convenient timing, huh?!:mad:
Ok - well that is crappy timing for us - brings in another candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member