In Case There Was Any Doubt Who Leads Oregon | The Boneyard

In Case There Was Any Doubt Who Leads Oregon

Reaction Score
Interesting.. Great player, but maybe not a great fit for CT after all.

Reaction Score
Sabrina is a confident, talented, and aggressive player.

I agree. So I don't know why that would be a bad fit. I'd think Geno would love a pg like her saying the things she says and the confidence she exudes.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I've said a few times that I thought this baller was a princesss based on how she was handling her recruiting, fool that I am.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Oregon is playing with great composer, which ever players has the task of containing Sabrina will have a full night, obviously Geno would love to have someone deny her touches, not sure we have that ability this year.. The Key to beating them will be our ability to Score, Pheesa and Gabby have to lead the attack, which will then open the Perimeter for Lou, Nurse and the others.. Oregon will try to teach UCONN patience, we have to stay well balanced and not get over aggressive on D otherwise Sabrina will pick us apart, she not easily fluttered which is very impressive for a freshman, It is easy to see why she leads in triple doubles, she's smart and confident.. Still picking UCONN to win by the same margin as UCLA.. Can't wait to see it on Monday play out..

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I agree. So I don't know why that would be a bad fit. I'd think Geno would love a pg like her saying the things she says and the confidence she exudes.

Was DT a bad fit? Ionescu is special. I was at the game and I could not take my eyes off her. She is in complete control and had great physical presence and body language. Most important, when the game is on the line, she rises to the challenge. That barrage at the end of the 2nd quarter was classic. And the way she has taken over the leadership as seen in the presser is incredible. Often I am concerned when a great talent lands at a program that will not develop their talents (LV??) but Graves is a top notch coach. I believe she will be an AA next year and Oregon a top 10 team next year. I am sure we will not take Oregon as lightly as MD.

One issue with Oregon is that they are almost too sure of them selves and by design, seems to like to work in the corners more than any team I have seen. MD tried to trap them but they escaped time and time again often with brilliant passes. I think that is suicide against UConn. I expect a relatively close and hard fought game. MOV < 20.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I noticed how articulate the young woman are...
describing in some detail the inner workings of their performance
(dare I say) even more so than the typical UConn interview.
Absolutely no (or few) platitudes.
And they don't necessarily repeat what the other says...they each have an independent outlook.
The Ionescu kid, speaking about how she (virtually) coached their 3-point shooter to keep on as an example.

That doesn't necessarily doesn't foretell a win for them on Monday but is refreshing and stimulating.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
I believe the composer is Beethoven and the piece is Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee.
LOL isn't it music we are talking about?
yes saw that after it was too late to correct it, this old brain is not what it use to be... Composure was my intended word Same thing for Fluttered suppose to be Flustered :)

Reaction Score
Was DT a bad fit? Ionescu is special. I was at the game and I could not take my eyes off her. She is in complete control and had great physical presence and body language. Most important, when the game is on the line, she rises to the challenge. That barrage at the end of the 2nd quarter was classic. And the way she has taken over the leadership as seen in the presser is incredible. Often I am concerned when a great talent lands at a program that will not develop their talents (LV??) but Graves is a top notch coach. I believe she will be an AA next year and Oregon a top 10 team next year. I am sure we will not take Oregon as lightly as MD.

One issue with Oregon is that they are almost too sure of them selves and by design, seems to like to work in the corners more than any team I have seen. MD tried to trap them but they escaped time and time again often with brilliant passes. I think that is suicide against UConn. I expect a relatively close and hard fought game. MOV < 20.

I am no good at predicting scores. As long as UConn wins.

And I agree with you - she is a huge talent.

And just a point of reference you realize that I wasn't saying she would be a bad fit, right? :)

Reaction Score
I was really impressed with the Oregon press conference. I could really see why Geno is so fond of and so impressed with the Oregon coach. He comes across as someone that most young and talented players might consider playing for. Sabrina shows a maturity and confidence well beyond her years and I could see why people would be impressed with both.

Reaction Score

She's got the skills, intelligence, guts, and pretty much everything else needed to thrive at a place like UConn. But it may have simply been a question of will.

I don't have any sources in front of me, but I could have sworn that by the time she was finishing her recruitment process, it was well known that she was not looking for what UConn was offering. In other words, she was not interested in integrating into an already great team, but coming in on the ground floor and helping to build such a team herself.

It seems to be working very well for Sabrina, so I'm happy to see it and interested in what her team (and yes, it does appear to be her team already) will do going forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom