Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The AD's job? I'm applying. Why not?

Reaction Score
Summary

The Director of Athletics is responsible for the stewardship, management, coordination and supervision of a competitive intercollegiate athletics program with 24 sports, more than 70 coaches, and more than 650 student athletes. The Athletic Director provides visionary leadership to the Department of Athletics while overseeing the overall administration of varsity athletics, club sports, recreation, and related facilities; maintains an athletics program that resonates with the university's mission and strategic priorities; administers the overall athletic budget; recruits and manages the coaching staff; and ensures compliance with all university, national association and conference policies, rules and regulations.

Qualifications

A minimum of 10 years of progressive and highly relevant experience that demonstrates success in formulating and/or executing a strategic plan, developing and executing a capital construction program, supervising senior-level executives/staff, developing and monitoring a comprehensive budgeting process, and overseeing an annual fundraising effort and long-term capital campaign. Master's degree or the equivalent level of education and experience is preferred.

Appointment Terms

Salary is commensurate with experience.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i just sent in the resume. under other notes at the bottom i put "will burn bc to the gnikcvf ground"

Reaction Score
Could this mean UConn is a close to announcing (officially hiring) who the new AD is? I don't live in CT, so not certain on the rules/laws around posting jobs for state positions, but don't they have to post all jobs for a minimum number of days beofre filling them? In my company (in the public sector, but not a government or state run group) we have to post a job 5 days before hiring an external candidate.

Hope this means we are close!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22