In Boston BC sports barely matter. Globe | The Boneyard

In Boston BC sports barely matter. Globe

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He said it in one part of the article. Most people I know in Boston think BC kids are wankers in general. "Unearned arrogance" is how the author put it. Kids quite often with more money than talent.

There's 20 other schools in NE with comparable reps.

Reaction Score
For the record, Boston.com is no longer associated with the Globe. They are two different entities and this author has nothing to do with the Globe.

Reaction Score
He said it in one part of the article. Most people I know in Boston think BC kids are wankers in general. "Unearned arrogance" is how the author put it. Kids quite often with more money than talent.

There's 20 other schools in NE with comparable reps.

Everyone in Boston hates everyone in every college. BC probably the most, but they hate BU kids, NEU kids, Harvard kids, Tufts kids, etc. College kids are super-annoying when you're not in college anymore, turns out.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The only people on the face of the planet that did not understand the BC had no fan base off campus were the idiots running the ACC. If they had taken UConn, not only would have UConn avoided the collapse of a promising football program, the ACC would have gathered the 3 million Connecticut/NY area fans for UConn basketball and also football. Instead they took a school that has no following at all and is remembered for one pass by Flutie ages ago. I doubt if anyone in Boston even follows the ACC at all.

Reaction Score
BC holding on to the past of the doug flutie play is eerily similar to the Mets holding on to the 1986 world series where its overkilled to the point of annoyance.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
yeah, and breaking news: Water is Wet...... some heavy hitting investigative journalism over there at Boston.com

Reaction Score
It's really strange to turn on NESN on a Sunday night and find Wake vs. G Tech or Clemson vs. NCS hoops. It's like....why???
Yeah well if we get in the B1G Michigan fans will be thinking the same thing when they turn on the BTN and see UConn-MD basketball

Reaction Score
There's almost 30 major schools in Boston and approximately 500,000 college students. It's way too diluted and with the success of their pro sports there's no room for attention. It is a very fairweather sports town though, no one cares about the Celts right now or the 2nd half of the Sox season. Whereas down south all people care about is college football and not nearly as much about NFL.

Reaction Score
Everyone in Boston hates everyone in every college. BC probably the most, but they hate BU kids, NEU kids, Harvard kids, Tufts kids, etc. College kids are super-annoying when you're not in college anymore, turns out.

Exactly. Though the obvious corrolary to that rule: unless you are a male under 40 and they are a college female.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Though the obvious corrolary to that rule: unless you are a male under 40 and they are a college female.
As a 24 year old making his way around the college buffet (sampled NEU, BU, BC, Emerson, Suffolk, Berkeley), it's definitely not the worst. Hell I'm probably spoiled and will miss it once I eventually move on to a bigger city.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

True that. Though I enjoy looking at cute coeds. As long as they don't open their mouths.

Reaction Score
True that. Though I enjoy looking at cute coeds. As long as they don't open their mouths.
I like talking with college girls. Yeah it's getting harder to relate to them because so many are so deeply engaged in internet culture but they're still so spirited about what they're studying and have yet to be jaded by any real-world stuff yet. They're still about having fun and the energy a lot of them bring to conversation is nice imo.

Besides you don't date a girl for her deep experience of stuff; you as the guy provide that for her. It's a big reason why girls like older, smart guys

Reaction Score
I like talking with college girls. Yeah it's getting harder to relate to them because so many are so deeply engaged in internet culture but they're still so spirited about what they're studying and have yet to be jaded by any real-world stuff yet. They're still about having fun and the energy a lot of them bring to conversation is nice imo.

I have a cousin like that. She went to a big, private university (not in Boston), took out mega loans, and was 100% convinced should would fine a successful, financially stable career in anthropology. Three years later after graduation, she works in the admissions department of a smaller private university while living at home with Mom and Dad because there is no way she can afford a place of her own.

Reaction Score

Is there a rule against +30 year old professional, married men who happen to take a lunch break walk from their office in Back Bay over and around the BU beach in the Spring?

Reaction Score
I have a cousin like that. She went to a big, private university (not in Boston), took out mega loans, and was 100% convinced should would fine a successful, financially stable career in anthropology. Three years later after graduation, she works in the admissions department of a smaller private university while living at home with Mom and Dad because there is no way she can afford a place of her own.
Your point?

I'm not marrying these girls...

Reaction Score
Yeah well if we get in the B1G Michigan fans will be thinking the same thing when they turn on the BTN and see UConn-MD basketball

Except the local Michigan, Ohio St, etc. alumni will gladly exchange a UConn v. Purdue football game on BTN for the opportunity to see their team in person once every 2 years in Hartford (or maybe MetLife and Gillette). Ditto for any game with Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Your point?

I'm not marrying these girls...

Since she is my cousin and as I am not a WVU alumn, neither am I. Was just stating that it is good to be passionate as many college kids are; but, they need to be a little more realistic when it comes to a career selection. In the internet, unfortunately, they can connect handful of likeminded individuals isolated from the world.

Reaction Score
Since she is my cousin and as I am not a WVU alumn, neither am I. Was just stating that it is good to be passionate as many college kids are; but, they need to be a little more realistic when it comes to a career selection. In the internet, unfortunately, they can connect handful of likeminded individuals isolated from the world.
Again this is completely irrelevant.

Regardless, you should know better than to generalize to "they" (college kids) based on your one shortsighted cousin. My college-age or soon-to-be-in-college cousins are studying or set to be studying:

Education
Math/Actuarial
Physics
Engineering

And most of the girls I meet, maybe by coincidence, are preparing to enter the medical field.

"Internet" and "isolated" never belong in the same sentence.

Reaction Score
Is there a rule against +30 year old professional, married men who happen to take a lunch break walk from their office in Back Bay over and around the BU beach in the Spring?

Maybe in Russia.

Reaction Score
It's such a fail that this thread became a thread about college age girls and didn't include pictures.
Would be preeeeeetty creepy to post pictures of the girls I've slept with....

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Rocktheworld said:
Would be preeeeeetty Alpha to post pictures of the girls I've slept with....

Fixed that for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul