In a 4 x 16 scenario | The Boneyard

In a 4 x 16 scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we're screwed. Would have to be BiG because the ACC would be toast. Unbelievable that RU gets a seat at the table despite their mediocrity

Reaction Score
That 4 X 16 model is just the creature of some organized mind that wants College sports to be more like the structured Pro leagues.

It's never going to be that. That is effectively the closing of this Cartel. And ... I fail to see how this is going to last as the years go by & demography changes. As we see in our recent election, major changes in markets happen fast. You are looking at a Southeastern centric system that locks out major growth areas. New England (excepting that "National" school BC) is virtually eliminated forever ... because ... it was not part of the growth in the 1960s & 1970s. Economic forces are going to allow for schools like Boise or USF to come out of nowhere & rise. The Big 4 are not going to be able to just rise over this.

Why?

I think Aresco was on his way to something. Impossible to do as the bigger fish keep gobbling up the minnows. The Fact remains, though, that there is ample revenue at NEW Networks for content. A $10m annual payday to a Boise ... or a UTSA ... can just foster an incredible Program today. And, the National audience will insist that there be the opening for them to play in an expanding playoff. You cannot stamp this into a 64 School model ... that rewards the Vandy, Northwestern, Mississippi States ... and holds down lots of solidly run Programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom