Improvement for Merrimack | The Boneyard

Improvement for Merrimack

Reaction Score
Obviously not everything will gel in less than one week, but what changes or improvements do you hope to see tomorrow?

For me:

Better outside shooting

Alterique starts to feel more comfortable running the point

Stay out of foul trouble so we can get a more realistic look at everyone, especially Alterique and MD

Terry does not force shots

Positive assist to turnover ratio

Temp increases and we score in transition more.

Tomorrow cannot get here quick enough!

Reaction Score
More Kwintin Williams. I want to see what this kid has. With so many new players, I think everybody deserves a chance to show what they have in a game setting as opposed to just practice. According to Dave Borges, KO said he didnt play Williams that much vs Providence because he didnt want him facing the zone. That does not make any sense to me at all

Reaction Score
Less shots for Terry.
Less Alterique and Terry on the floor together.
More inside touches.
More Vital, Carlton and Polley.
Let's see a little more of Kwintin just for fun.

Reaction Score
More Kwintin Williams. I want to see what this kid has. With so many new players, I think everybody deserves a chance to show what they have in a game setting as opposed to just practice. According to Dave Borges, KO said he didnt play Williams that much vs Providence because he didnt want him facing the zone. That does not make any sense to me at all

He doesnt have the fundamentals to play against a zone well, would be my guess. But the experience would be helpful. Reality is that he probably just isnt ready to play high major d1

Reaction Score
Less shots for Terry.
Less Alterique and Terry on the floor together.
More inside touches.
More Vital, Carlton and Polley.
Let's see a little more of Kwintin just for fun.
If Alterique and Larrier can't play together this team is done and we're gonna be lucky to win 10 games. Out of curiosity why do you want them not on the floor together?

Reaction Score
KO and staff is seeing what he has everyday in practice and he will get the minutes he deserves. We have to remember that the coaches see these players everyday and have a much better idea what they can do than any fan. Even Chief.;)

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I think it might not make sense because that's not actually the reason...
I'm sure KO has a good reason why he barely played vs. PC.

Reaction Score
According to Dave Borges, KO said he didnt play Williams that much vs Providence because he didnt want him facing the zone. That does not make any sense to me at all
It means he sucks against the zone.

Reaction Score
He doesnt have the fundamentals to play against a zone well, would be my guess. But the experience would be helpful. Reality is that he probably just isnt ready to play high major d1

Merrimac is not high D1. Let"s see the man play

Reaction Score
Obviously not everything will gel in less than one week, but what changes or improvements do you hope to see tomorrow?

For me:

Better outside shooting

Alterique starts to feel more comfortable running the point

Stay out of foul trouble so we can get a more realistic look at everyone, especially Alterique and MD

Terry does not force shots

Positive assist to turnover ratio

Temp increases and we score in transition more.

Tomorrow cannot get here quick enough!
All of this plus more cohesive offense and defense, less simple fouling, better rebounding on both ends, passes into the post and back out, post scoring, and to see individual player development. Always looking for this. Maybe free Happy Meals for all who attend. What else ya got?

Reaction Score
If Alterique and Larrier can't play together this team is done and we're gonna be lucky to win 10 games. Out of curiosity why do you want them not on the floor together?
I didn't say they can't play together. There is something I can't put my finger on about them on the floor together so I freely admit I may be wrong here. The very few times they have played together just watching the games the team looks disjointed and out of sync. I don't have any stats to support this but when they are on the floor together the team just doesn't look right. Obviously they will have to be able to play together to be successful but it looks like there is something there. It might just be that Larrier is all over the place and it just happens to be when Alterique is out there.

Reaction Score
To play D 20 feet off your man instead of 10 feet.

That'll reduce the opposing player to only one option...shoot the unguarded 3 pointer. Otherwise, as we saw against PC, they'll have the two options of either shoot the unguarded 3 pointer or drive unimpeded to the hoop.

Reaction Score
I didn't say they can't play together. There is something I can't put my finger on about them on the floor together so I freely admit I may be wrong here. The very few times they have played together just watching the games the team looks disjointed and out of sync. I don't have any stats to support this but when they are on the floor together the team just doesn't look right. Obviously they will have to be able to play together to be successful but it looks like there is something there. It might just be that Larrier is all over the place and it just happens to be when Alterique is out there.
That makes a lot more sense, misinterpreted what you were saying. Though I think I'd want them to play as much as possible together in the exhibition when it doesn't matter. Let them work out the chemistry issues and how to make the offense work when the stakes are low so they're ready to go when we need to beat Arizona and all the tough teams

Reaction Score
Until we play a couple of decent teams again we aren’t going to know. We might see some promise and a few things tomorrow and it won’t mean a lot, but I’m looking for some skills to show in the new players.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I want to see an improvement of the basics
*Boxing out
*Man to man defense
*Shot selection
*Begin to fine tune the rotations/ minutes
- ( this will probably take about 1-2 pre season games).
*Help defense
And one highlight dunk by Williams

Reaction Score
We need to see some discipline on offense. Under Ollie, there is a tendency to stay on the perimeter and literally chuck the ball to the hoop. What people saw against PC was exactly that.

Penetration, and efficient ball movement is something we haven't seen consistently. When they stick to the perimeter and shoot with 25 sec. On the clock, it never works.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
confidence, focus and most importantly time will all go a long way to fixing their "problems"

Reaction Score

I just watched his two minutes and really didn't do anything bad. He got back on D, played solid D on his man trying to drive past him, he made him pass. Jalen got beat off dribble and Williams fouled helping out. Before that we missed some shots where he was boxing out but the deep shots went for long rebounds. He got beat on one offensive rebound but so did Cobb on that. In the zone on offense he didn't look lost at all. He was trying to flash to the middle as he should have.

Idk maybe Ollie seen something I didn't and feels like he isn't ready thats fine but to say it was cause of a zone is a joke. I assume he told Williams this and then repeated it to the media.

Reaction Score
I just watched his two minutes and really didn't do anything bad. He got back on D, played solid D on his man trying to drive past him, he made him pass. Jalen got beat off dribble and Williams fouled helping out. Before that we missed some shots where he was boxing out but the deep shots went for long rebounds. He got beat on one offensive rebound but so did Cobb on that. In the zone on offense he didn't look lost at all. He was trying to flash to the middle as he should have.

Idk maybe Ollie seen something I didn't and feels like he isn't ready thats fine but to say it was cause of a zone is a joke. I assume he told Williams this and then repeated it to the media.

It was only two minutes and he def deserves more of an opportunity. However, he did not look good in those two minutes. When interviewed Williams repeatedly has said he plays a very aggressive style of basketball. If the way he played is his interpretation of aggressive he won't be playing much for Kevin Ollie. He needs to get in the game and play like a man possessed. He had the opportunity in those two minutes to get one or two rebounds and show KO something. Instead, he looked very timid and lost. It was not a very good first impression. The guy needs to get in the game and use his freak athleticism and jumping ability to get rebounds which really shouldn't be a problem. From there he'll get more of an opportunity, his confidence will grow and his game will develop.

Reaction Score
It was only two minutes and he def deserves more of an opportunity. However, he did not look good in those two minutes. When interviewed Williams repeatedly has said he plays a very aggressive style of basketball. If the way he played is his interpretation of aggressive he won't be playing much for Kevin Ollie. He needs to get in the game and play like a man possessed. He had the opportunity in those two minutes to get one or two rebounds and show KO something. Instead, he looked very timid and lost. It was not a very good first impression. The guy needs to get in the game and use his freak athleticism and jumping ability to get rebounds which really shouldn't be a problem. From there he'll get more of an opportunity, his confidence will grow and his game will develop.

I just watched those two minutes on here on BY that Tcf posted. He really wasn't that timid at all. He didn't do anything where I would say it was a very bad first impression or that he didn't look good. I'm not saying the kid is good but I'm saying judging by those two minutes I will not say he is bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom