Impressive - Danger and Meg | The Boneyard

Impressive - Danger and Meg

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I have been waiting for this game to measure Danger's sophomore jump against Canada, who is considered an accomplished PG by many WCB pundits. Before the UCONN vs. UCLA game I believe most of the WCB community would have ranked Canada above Danger. After the game not so much! Danger impressed me by staying with the game plan and playing within the UCONN offensive scheme. Canada, I thought, jettisoned the UCLA offensive game plan early and went solo. No matter what happened Danger remained composed ... well there was the one time Canada pick Crystal's pocket. She chased down Canada and blocked her shot with a not so chill look but a really intense look. There may have been some emotion then. :cool: Danger played vary good game offense and defense. Yo! Jordan there was a new sheriff in Pauley Pavilion last night.

Megan Walker, too bad she can't sky like Gabby; Sky Walker would really work, played a very "competent" ;) game as a sub. She was really calm and composed. The slope of her progress trend is most assuredly upwards. I mentioned to Broadway VA I hope Meg's UCLA game is unlike Crystal's Baylor game last season - one hit wonder. He has persuaded me to believe Meg will simply continue to improve. Her linear trend line may be converted to a geometric jump by February. I hope.

Azurá is still struggling with the flow of the offense. I was a bit disappointed with her game against UCLA. She did show a few times how a 6'6" can really help. Matter of time.

Last edited:

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
I have been waiting for this game to measure Danger's sophomore jump against Canada, who is considered an accomplished PG by many WCB pundits. Before the UCONN vs. UCLA game I believe most of the WCB community would have ranked Canada above Danger. After the game not so much! Danger impressed me by staying with the game plan and playing within the UCONN offensive scheme. Canada, I thought, jettisoned the UCLA offensive game plan early and went solo. No matter what happened Danger remained composed ... well there was the one time Canada pick Crystal's pocket. She chased down Canada and blocked her shot with a not so chill look but a really intense look. There may have been some emotion then. :cool: Danger played vary good game offense and defense. Yo! Jordan there was a new sheriff in Pauley Pavilion last night.

Megan Walker, too bad she can't sky like Gabby; Sky Walker would really work, plat a very "competent" game as a sub. She was really calm and composed. The slope of her progress trend is most assuredly upwards. I mentioned to Broadway VA I hope Meg's UCLA game is unlike Crystal's Baylor game last season - one hit wonder. He has persuaded me to believe Meg will simply continue to improve. Her linear trend line may be converted to a geometric jump by February. I hope.

Azurá is still struggling with the flow of the offense. I was a bit disappointed with her game against UCLA. She did show a few times how a 6'6" can really help. Matter of time.

Z was important on the boards. When she was out was when we saw UCLA do much better on rebounding. She has to learn not to foul - keep the arms straight up - if you come down in top the refs call it every time.

Thought the rest of the team did great on handling Canada. There were many time she drove into the lane looking for a foul and the defense refused to bail her out.

Reaction Score
Megan Walker, too bad she can't sky like Gabby; Sky Walker would really work, played a very "competent" ;) game as a sub. She was really calm and composed. The slope of her progress trend is most assuredly upwards. I mentioned to Broadway VA I hope Meg's UCLA game is unlike Crystal's Baylor game last season - one hit wonder. He has persuaded me to believe Meg will simply continue to improve. Her linear trend line may be converted to a geometric jump by February. I hope..
So, are you rethinking your position and saying that Megan is now more than half-way competent? :);):)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Z was important on the boards. When she was out was when we saw UCLA do much better on rebounding. She has to learn not to foul - keep the arms straight up - if you come down in top the refs call it every time.

Thought the rest of the team did great on handling Canada. There were many time she drove into the lane looking for a foul and the defense refused to bail her out.

Spot on! UCONN clogged the lane refusing to give Canada easy layups. The few she did get tended be acrobatic. This is where Canada failed. Driving to the hoop is so much of Canada's game. She would not take what was given. Instead she drove and drove sending up wild shots that miss the hoop completely. A really good PG would have reevaluated and chose more pull up mid-range jumpers. UCONN dared UCLA to make jumpers from distance and they did ... poorly. The scout was spot on for UCONN. Either her coach was remiss or Canada wasn't listening.

Danger ran UCONN's offense. Canada ran around unproductively.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
So, are you rethinking your position and saying that Megan is now more than half-way competent? :);):)

I always said she was half-way competent. :D Yesterday she was three quarters competent. :) Most salubrious!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

I have always said Walker was half-way competent! Check the official record! ;)Yesterday she was three quarters competent. Just want to see continued progress towards becoming a competent sub. :D No one hit wonder games! No! No! My concern was her shooting. One data point does not make a trend. Two or three more games and we may have competence as a sub. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I have always said Walker was half-way competent! Check the official record! ;)Yesterday she was three quarters competent. Just want to see continued progress towards becoming a competent sub. :D No one hit wonder games! No! No! My concern was her shooting. One data point does not make a trend. Two or three more games and we may have competence as a sub. :rolleyes:
you're not reading my post carefully. I'm teasing you that you're now ready to concede that she's more than half-way competent. That implies that I know you used to think that she was half-way competent. Time for both us, I think, to move on from the issue of "competency". These are the greatest women college basketball players in the world.

Reaction Score
Spot on! UCONN clogged the lane refusing to give Canada easy layups. The few she did get tended be acrobatic. This is where Canada failed. Driving to the hoop is so much of Canada's game. She would not take what was given. Instead she drove and drove sending up wild shots that miss the hoop completely. A really good PG would have reevaluated and chose more pull up mid-range jumpers. UCONN dared UCLA to make jumpers from distance and they did ... poorly. The scout was spot on for UCONN. Either her coach was remiss or Canada wasn't listening.

Danger ran UCONN's offense. Canada ran around unproductively.

Your use of the term "calm and composed" to describe both Meg and Danger was, in your expression "spot on." Here's an acting analogy: when you don't see the acting but the character being acted, you're having the proper experience. Both Meg and Danger are not obvious; they are both playing roles perfectly and w/out glitz. Also, your contrasting CD and Canada was, well, spot on, too. Danger was steady, stayed in the moment, kept up the pressure. Canada's play was spotty. She can make amazing shots but can also look as if she's not taking very good ones. D on her was a team effort, but CD gave her no respite.
When Meg started shooting perfect 3s, I had to look carefully to see who was hoisting them. Then I realized that, very quietly, Megatron was taking hold, fitting in, playing the game the UConn way--as the member of a team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom