Impressed with Vance and Christian | The Boneyard

Impressed with Vance and Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Vance played very well today. Shot well from outside and also took it to the hoop a few times. Needs to not commit so many silly fouls and make better passing decisions but I like what I saw. Also impressed with Christian Vital. Plays tight defense and has a smooth looking stroke. Definitely brings confidence to the floor.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Agree. Loved how everyone stepped up today though. We looked like a team today instead of what we have been looking like. It was good to see. I missed a little bit of the game as I was watching it while sitting in traffic on the way to the hockey game.

Reaction Score
I think Vance will eventually be a special player for us, his upside is unlimited. I want him out there as much as possible.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think Vance will eventually be a special player for us, his upside is unlimited. I want him out there as much as possible.
I think that he might be the best guy we have to flash to the middle against the zone. I like his hands and his passing more than Larrier at this time of the year (although I imagine that TL will get better at it with more practice after we hopefully find out his knee isn't that bad).

Reaction Score
Vance played very well today. Shot well from outside and also took it to the hoop a few times. Needs to not commit so many silly fouls and make better passing decisions but I like what I saw. Also impressed with Christian Vital. Plays tight defense and has a smooth looking stroke. Definitely brings confidence to the floor.
Agreed....That is the one saving grace of all the injuries as the young guys get a chance to play meaningful minutes...and so far so good...especially Jackson

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I think that he might be the best guy we have to flash to the middle against the zone. I like his hands and his passing more than Larrier at this time of the year (although I imagine that TL will get better at it with more practice after we hopefully find out his knee isn't that bad).

Hopefully.

My guy says ACL but I'm no DR

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Vance just has a coolness to him. A bit like Lamb but more focused.

Reaction Score
The young guys are easily the bright spot on this team - I hope we start seeing them gradually soak up Purvis, Facey, and Brimah's minutes as the season goes along.

It's obviously been a small sample size, but I've seen enough from Alterique, Vance, Vital, and Larrier to be convinced they'll be players. And then there's Jalen.

But I think we're already seeing the difference in talent when you're consistently bringing in 4 stars and above. I've already written off the seniors, so for me, this season comes down to developing that young talent.

Reaction Score
Would like to see SE and JD get most of 4-5 minutes

Next year with all the depth they should be much more uptempo

The young guys are easily the bright spot on this team - I hope we start seeing them gradually soak up Purvis, Facey, and Brimah's minutes as the season goes along.

It's obviously been a small sample size, but I've seen enough from Alterique, Vance, Vital, and Larrier to be convinced they'll be players. And then there's Jalen.

But I think we're already seeing the difference in talent when you're consistently bringing in 4 stars and above. I've already written off the seniors, so for me, this season comes down to developing that young talent.

Reaction Score

But both Purvis and Facey were ranked in the top 100, so I think they are just different players. They have more skills, but maybe less athleticism than Purvis and Facey. Bringing in more skilled players, who can also play fast, should be the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom