OT: Impossibly beautiful music | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Impossibly beautiful music

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Okay, this is a bit different. These two ladies pack their instruments and formal wear various places up high in the Cascades in Washington and have mini concerts. Not too bad for the violinist but the keyboardist gets the short end of the stick. I think tuning can be a bit difficult in the cold mountain air. Not to mention the sleeveless dresses. Brr.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Several of their songs give me goose bumps. Hard to pick one, but I'll go with this.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Several of their songs could work as well. Going to see them Monday night. They've come to Seattle twice this year. Before that I had to wait at least 4 years between their visits.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I haven't jumped in on a music thread in a while. I can't stop once I start. These next two are somewhat similar. Grieving the loss of a dear friend. A bit different though, one is more optimistic than the other in terms of the deceased having gone to a better place. This one--Vince Gill, Ricky Skaggs and Patty Loveless, a bit of talent gathered together.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Going 180 degrees in the opposite direction on this one. I'm sure not everyone's cup of tea, but Sharon's voice is amazing on this song. Song is a bit creepy but definitely hauntingly beautiful to me.

edited--if you're going to listen to this one, you have to turn it up LOUD; really gets going at about 2 minutes

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Anything with Harriet Wheeler, but this one in particular is really beautiful. I've noticed many of the songs that are beautiful to me also have a wistful or melancholy quality to them.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sometimes really simple is beautiful as well.

edited--adding this one too, somebody remixed one of her songs and sped it up a little bit, really different from her original, I like both

Nobody Has To Stay (Shawn Parke)

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yes I'm staying up too late, but I am several time zones behind many of you. This thread is helping me revisit some stuff I haven't listened to for a while, so thanks OP!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
RIP Marty Balin, this is one impossibly beautiful song, written and sung by Marty, and recorded by the Airplane in 1967:

Fantastic song, and so fitting today. Many likes,Scud49. :D

Reaction Score
From a beautiful music standpoint, I'd say the late, great, Richie Havens knocked it out of the park on this one:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom