Importance of OOC schedule in recruiting | The Boneyard

Importance of OOC schedule in recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AAC sucks, but as long as we continue to schedule strong OOC opponents, that should help with recruiting. Worked for Sterling Gibbs:

Gibbs, a 6-foot-2 guard who decided April 29 to leave Seton Hall, visited Pittsburgh, of the ACC, and Ohio State, of the Big Ten, two weeks ago, then spent Thursday and Friday at UConn. He considered the conference issue, but decided the Huskies' nonconference schedule offset any weaknesses of the American Athletic Conference. He considered the new practice facility and the chance to get in the gym any time of the day or night, weighed the coaching staff — its cohesiveness and Kevin Ollie's experience as an NBA player — and UConn's tradition. When he sat down with his family on Saturday morning to make a decision, everything added up for UConn.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-mens-basketball/hc-sterling-gibbs-uconn-0518-20150517-story.html

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
AAC sucks, but as long as we continue to schedule strong OOC opponents, that should help with recruiting. Worked for Sterling Gibbs:

Gibbs, a 6-foot-2 guard who decided April 29 to leave Seton Hall, visited Pittsburgh, of the ACC, and Ohio State, of the Big Ten, two weeks ago, then spent Thursday and Friday at UConn. He considered the conference issue, but decided the Huskies' nonconference schedule offset any weaknesses of the American Athletic Conference. He considered the new practice facility and the chance to get in the gym any time of the day or night, weighed the coaching staff — its cohesiveness and Kevin Ollie's experience as an NBA player — and UConn's tradition. When he sat down with his family on Saturday morning to make a decision, everything added up for UConn.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-mens-basketball/hc-sterling-gibbs-uconn-0518-20150517-story.html

Credit for Ollie and Warde?

Freescooter's head must be hurting.

Reaction Score
If the rumors of the Duke game at MSG don't pull through, then I would love to get a H/H with Iowa State. They are a legitimate FF contender this year, would be nice to start in Ames with a return to Storrs next season since we currently do not have a big time opponent slated for XL or Gampel in 2016-17 (Georgetown next January doesn't count).

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
If the rumors of the Duke game at MSG don't pull through, then I would love to get a H/H with Iowa State. They are a legitimate FF contender this year, would be nice to start in Ames with a return to Storrs next season since we currently do not have a big time opponent slated for XL or Gampel in 2016-17 (Georgetown next January doesn't count).
Is the Arizona game on the road?

Reaction Score

I think I missed this rumor. Can you link me to the thread that discusses it (if there's one)? I used the search function on the board but couldn't find anything.

Reaction Score
Is the Arizona game on the road?
Its the year after.
2015-16: Battle 4 Atlantis, OSU, Georgetown, Maryland MSG, @Texas
2016-2017: Maui, @OSU, @Georgetown
2017-18: Nike Tournament, @Arizona
2018-19: Arizona

@DaveHuskiesFan It barely is a rumor at all; just that Duke has a game at MSG with an opponent TBD, which has brought up speculation that UConn could be a likely opponent.

Last edited:

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
If I had to make 2 trips this year to MSG to watch them play Maryland & Duke I wouldn't complain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom