I'm seeing a lot of | The Boneyard

I'm seeing a lot of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm seeing a lot of celebrations today that are a lot worse than Ron a Johnson's..

Yeah but can you hear if they are saying anything to go w/ the hand gestures?

Reaction Score
I'm seeing a lot of celebrations today that are a lot worse than Ron a Johnson's..
Definitely a typical "Week 1" over-reaction call as a result of the Officials' preseason meeting about "points of emphasis" for an upcoming season. I DESPISE individual celebrations, but calling him for that was ridiculous unless he SAID something us fans don't know about that was penalty-worthy at the same time he made that hand motion.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Definitely a typical "Week 1" over-reaction call as a result of the Officials' preseason meeting about "points of emphasis" for an upcoming season. I DESPISE individual celebrations, but calling him for that was ridiculous unless he SAID something us fans don't know about that was penalty-worthy at the same time he made that hand motion.

Agreed. The hand motion thing was like a "walk all over you" thing. I, too, have seen a bunch of worse gestures from last night and today and I'm sure we'll see more tonight. My guess is that RonJon said something that the refs deemed over the line. But I'm with you: was an overreaction flag. I'm not concerned about it going forward.

I am concerned about Fatusaki's punch he threw at the Nova OL. He needs to bottle that garbage up and use it cleanly between the whistles. That flag almost cost us the game.

Reaction Score
Agreed. The hand motion thing was like a "walk all over you" thing. I, too, have seen a bunch of worse gestures from last night and today and I'm sure we'll see more tonight. My guess is that RonJon said something that the refs deemed over the line. But I'm with you: was an overreaction flag. I'm not concerned about it going forward.

I am concerned about Fatusaki's punch he threw at the Nova OL. He needs to bottle that garbage up and use it cleanly between the whistles. That flag almost cost us the game.
If I recall correctly, RJ ran a dude (a safety?) over on the play, then made the hand motion. I would bet a good amount of money that had he not run someone over on the play, he wouldn't have been flagged for the gesture.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, RJ ran a dude (a safety?) over on the play, then made the hand motion. I would bet a good amount of money that had he not run someone over on the play, he wouldn't have been flagged for the gesture.

I'll bet an equal sum that if he hadn't run over anyone he wouldn't have made the gesture that drew the flag.

Reaction Score
Still a stupid move. It's ok to be jacked up and spontaneous, but that was just street showboat BS. Get his back in the huddle and get ready for the next play. Can't stand that garbage. I understand Fatusaki's stupidity more.

Reaction Score
Still a stupid move. It's ok to be jacked up and spontaneous, but that was just street showboat BS. Get his back in the huddle and get ready for the next play. Can't stand that garbage. I understand Fatusaki's stupidity more.
No, both are inexcusable to me. Indicates a lack of discipline, self-control, and class. I am expecting better.

Reaction Score
We don't know what was said or done to Foley as well. That didn't happen because he likes to punch people. I saw some late BS going on earlier in the game. He should not have thrown punches, and it is good that this occurred and we still won but I don't expect this to happen again.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The fact that there is a rule about celebration at the NCAA level and in the NFL is ridiculous. This is entertainment, people are so soft now all about being fair. If you are getting run all over the running back is absolutely eating up yards. As the old saying goes, Let the boys play...and have fun.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It was honestly one of the most preposterous personal foul calls I've ever seen.

As innocuous as it was, it wasn't even in someone's face to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom