I'm pissed! | The Boneyard

I'm pissed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Was supposed to be at the game tonight with my brother and nephews but my hour long flight from Cleveland ended up taking 5 hours because of delays. Was able to DVR the game through Frontier's app (really). Turned off my phone, kept my laptop off, didn't move from the boarding area in case I passed a sports bar and didn't listen to the radio on the way home from Laguardia.

Just finished watching and Holy of sh^ts I missed the game of the year! W, T, F ?

Coach Ollie had a great post game interview with Len and Mike Patrick. Best part was the ending.

Mike Patrick as he shakes coaches hand: "Kevin, thanks so much. Great win for you guys, you earned it tonight".

Coach as he shakes back: "Thank you. No problem, thank you, thank you. Ya'll keep keep showin' up now".

Is it me or has Coach lost his California accent over the years?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just wanted to acknowledge your pissed-ness since no one else did.

Was supposed to be at the game tonight...

Just finished watching and Holy of sh^ts I missed the game of the year! W, T, F ?

You know what this means now. Can't watch another game live for the rest of the season. Our fate is in your hands. Choose wisely.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
1. KO spent a lot of time in Dallas growing up. Probably where he got the "ya'll"
2. Californian's (like me) don't have accents......dude.

Whatever you say, Spicoli.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
859059cb10519ece42e0d1319b8c6d9c.jpg

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
1. KO spent a lot of time in Dallas growing up. Probably where he got the "ya'll"
2. Californian's (like me) don't have accents......dude.

Um yeah you do there are a couple and its regional too. I can pick out a native Bay Area accent from an Orange County one in a heartbeat.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Um yeah you do there are a couple and its regional too. I can pick out a native Bay Area accent from an Orange County one in a heartbeat.
bay area accent? 3rd generation bay area resident and never heard of such a thing. Unless someone said, "hella" there would be absolutely no way to tell someone from Northern CA from anyone from , Nevada or any of the other western states. Some socal folks put on that horrible affect like Spicoli and Paris Hilton but I wouldn't call it an accent as it usually disappears when someone matures and stops talking like a . :)

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
bay area accent? 3rd generation bay area resident and never heard of such a thing. Unless someone said, "hella" there would be absolutely no way to tell someone from Northern CA from anyone from , Nevada or any of the other western states. Some socal folks put on that horrible affect like Spicoli and Paris Hilton but I wouldn't call it an accent as it usually disappears when someone matures and stops talking like a . :)
http://m.kcra.com/news/do-californi...-researchers-say-more-than-you-think/27944100

Reaction Score
you're a great musician but here's your real talent

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Two things: 1) that horrible valley girl accent has spread country wide. Thanks Kardashians, et al. and 2) it's not going away like it might have in the past. Girls are keeping it well into the 40+ range at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom