I'm not going to lie.... | The Boneyard

I'm not going to lie....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm scared to DEATH about the future and check ESPN on a daily basis praying for clemson or florida state to bail from the ACC....

Reaction Score
Be patient. Right now, winning is more important.

Reaction Score
I still feel shocked and betrayed that most media outlets said that UConn was getting into the ACC, then for a week brought up Louisville out of nowhere, and then acted like they never guaranteed UConn anything all along. Then Louisville gets in. WTF is that

Reaction Score
No offense, but if you're going to go all Nancy on us, you might as well upgrade your espn ticker hopes to uva bailing the acc...

and the next crawl "UConn invited to Big East."

Hoping for clemson or fsu to leave and presumably uconn as its replacement is like fantasizing about winning a $50 scratch off jackpot instead of a $250 million megamillions win.

Reaction Score
Damn, just got real bad if we now need an invitation to the big east!

Reaction Score
I'm scared to DEATH about the future and check ESPN on a daily basis praying for clemson or florida state to bail from the ACC....

well at least your not lying

Reaction Score
well at least your not lying
I've been keeping my cool forever now, but honestly, this situation just keeps getting worse and worse. Idk who to blame either....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Husky, welcome to the board. Your instincts are good - things are about to happen.

There should be announcement in 20 minutes

Reaction Score
Credit goes to CL82 for the following:

The Seven Stages of Conference Realignment

1. SHOCK & DENIAL-
You will probably react to learning of the loss of yet another conference member with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Belief in a secret plan that will bring UConn to the Big 10 is typical in this stage. This may last for weeks.
2. PAIN & GUILT-
As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase. Expect very little productivity during this stage as reading the Boneyard replaces normal functions such as work, talking with your spouse and bathing.
3. ANGER & BARGAINING-
Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay blame for the lack of a decent conference on someone else. Many choose Warde Manual or Jeff Hathaway. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion. You may rail against fate, questioning "Why UConn ?" You may also try to bargain in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair ("I will not complain about Syracuse’s cupcake basketball schedule anymore, if you just bring back the original Big East members.")
4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving. During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, and talk of “going independent in football” becomes the norm.
5. THE UPWARD TURN-
As you start to adjust to life without a meaningful conference affiliation, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly. You actually start working at work again and your boss decides that he doesn’t need to fire you or upgrade the internet firewall.
6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without a decent conference. You will start to work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing your program, such as stadium expansion and focusing on third tier TV rights.
7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
During this, the last of the seven stages of conference realignment, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward, unfortunately that may involve trips to Amherst, but you will survive.

Reaction Score
I've been keeping my cool forever now, but honestly, this situation just keeps getting worse and worse. Idk who to blame either....
Forevers a long time...realignment should continue next Tuesday. Stay posted for the next tweet

Reaction Score
I can't handle this whole situation.
Credit goes to CL82 for the following:

The Seven Stages of Conference Realignment

1. SHOCK & DENIAL-
You will probably react to learning of the loss of yet another conference member with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Belief in a secret plan that will bring UConn to the Big 10 is typical in this stage. This may last for weeks.
2. PAIN & GUILT-
As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase. Expect very little productivity during this stage as reading the Boneyard replaces normal functions such as work, talking with your spouse and bathing.
3. ANGER & BARGAINING-
Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay blame for the lack of a decent conference on someone else. Many choose Warde Manual or Jeff Hathaway. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion. You may rail against fate, questioning "Why UConn ?" You may also try to bargain in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair ("I will not complain about Syracuse’s cupcake basketball schedule anymore, if you just bring back the original Big East members.")
4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving. During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, and talk of “going independent in football” becomes the norm.
5. THE UPWARD TURN-
As you start to adjust to life without a meaningful conference affiliation, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly. You actually start working at work again and your boss decides that he doesn’t need to fire you or upgrade the internet firewall.
6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without a decent conference. You will start to work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing your program, such as stadium expansion and focusing on third tier TV rights.
7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
During this, the last of the seven stages of conference realignment, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward, unfortunately that may involve trips to Amherst, but you will survive.

I've jumped through all of these phases (forwards and backwards) multiple times this season.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Just follow a great Twitter account....it's from a source in WV with lots of sources. His name is M.H.V.E.R.3 Check him out!

Reaction Score
God cares about conference realignment?

If it makes you feel any better, at the very least we're being considered as an expansion candidate for the Big 12 along with Clemson and Florida State. That sure is better than an ACC that has been raided by the Big 12, the SEC and the Big 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom