I'm no Storrs South or TCF15, but... | The Boneyard

I'm no Storrs South or TCF15, but...

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I was watching the 2014 tourney again yesterday, and was taken by the free throw shooting. TCF has a highlight video of the tourney that contain most of this, but I decided to make a vid of just the winning time free throws. Until you see them in succession, it's tough to appreciate just how important free throws were to that championship.

In making the video, I noticed that the CBS amalgamation's editing crew was in love with Kromah, and to a lesser extent, Giffey. Almost every time Lassan went to the line, you got an endline closeup of him. Giff was the only other player to get a couple such face shots.

Last edited:

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Great job Rich! I watched you fish for stripers right after watching this video.

Reaction Score
You know you're shooting free throws well when in a national championship game the opposing coach won't foul late in the game because as Calipari said our guys weren't going to miss. That was just an incredible display by a group of guys who wanted it more than anyone else.

Reaction Score
I was watching the 2014 tourney again yesterday, and was taken by the free throw shooting. TCF has a highlight video of the tourney that contain most of this, but I decided to make a vid of just the winning time free throws. Until you see them in succession, it's tough to appreciate just how important free throws were to that championship.

In making the video, I noticed that the CBS amalgamation's editing crew was in love with Kromah, and to a lesser extent, Giffey. Almost every time Lassan went to the line, you got an endline closeup of him. Giff was the only other player to get a couple such face shots.

Nice!

The stats from that season are insane: that team show 77.7% for the entire season...87.8% in the tournament. By comparison in the tournament, opponents shot 66.1% from the foul line against UConn.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Who knew that watching nothing but an endless succession of free throws made can be exciting! Great job, Rich.

Those last two by Giffey in the Mich. St. game were what the late, great Al McGuire would have called "criers". What a soft touch...bounced around the rim two or three times and went in.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nice!

The stats from that season are insane: that team show 77.7% for the entire season...87.8% in the tournament. By comparison in the tournament, opponents shot 66.1% from the foul line against UConn.

Isn't that an simply amazing fact - Wow
But it couldn't be the coaching because I've heard they don't practice FTs!!!!
That team hit a stride in every aspect of the game that was simply mind blowing - Giffs took his game to the stratosphere, Nolan had some nice play, Kromah came up big, and even AB had his bright spots - it was a thing of beauty!!!!

Reaction Score
Nice!

Great FT "D" by the Huskies!

Reaction Score
Our players didn't even try to position themselves for a missed shot. LOL

Reaction Score
Beating MSU was the highlight of that tourni for me. Absolutely loved breaking their FF streak, sending the feuding seniors packing, and the fact that we raced out of the gates and put them on their heels. Loved that game. Felt like we had it won from the opening tip, although it was not sealed until that foolish young fella fouled Bazz on a 3. What was you thinking Roscoe!?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom