I'm just so tired of it | The Boneyard

I'm just so tired of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I dont know if its because today was a long long day of drinking and waiting outside for the game, but I'm already over being angry. I'm just sick and tired of getting dogged by the refs. When was the last game that we got some home cooking? Seriously, I can't remember being at a home game and saying to myself 'wow we're really getting the calls tonight.' Any non-biased fan could tell the game was ABSOLUTELY called entirely one-sided in Louisville's favor throughout.

Stuart should be sent home for a few weeks and fined, but that won't happen. In a few games no one will remember this incident and it's sad. It will happen again. I feel defeated. Could they at least let the teams decide the outcome of the game on the court themselves instead of interfering?! Why did such a huge game have to go that route!? It's just a damn shame.

With UConn being stuck on the outside looking in at other major conferences and getting retroactively punished for APR last year and banned from the tournament it's REALLY REALLY hard for me to stop short of saying that the NCAA is out to get us. I'm just tired of it.

Reaction Score
The frustration is more than understandable. We have had our share of bad luck recently.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I dont know if its because today was a long long day of drinking and waiting outside for the game, but I'm already over being angry. I'm just sick and tired of getting dogged by the refs. When was the last game that we got some home cooking? Seriously, I can't remember being at a home game and saying to myself 'wow we're really getting the calls tonight.' Any non-biased fan could tell the game was ABSOLUTELY called entirely one-sided in Louisville's favor throughout.

Stuart should be sent home for a few weeks and fined, but that won't happen. In a few games no one will remember this incident and it's sad. It will happen again. I feel defeated. Could they at least let the teams decide the outcome of the game on the court themselves instead of interfering?! Why did such a huge game have to go that route!? It's just a damn shame.

With UConn being stuck on the outside looking in at other major conferences and getting retroactively punished for APR last year and banned from the tournament it's REALLY REALLY hard for me to stop short of saying that the NCAA is out to get us. I'm just tired of it.

I'm not a big believer in conspiracy theories that can never be proven, and I might have taken issue with your comments at one point in time, but you know what, I'm beginning to think that the zebras are consistently aligned against us in a sort of backhanded slap at UCONN for the Calhoun era. Officials are human just like everybody else, and they're all biased, just like everybody else is. Most of them hated Calhoun's guts, probably begrudged his success, and weren't bashful about letting a few close calls go against him. Ollie's his hand-picked successor, so the only way to show Calhoun up now is to show his protégé up.

Reaction Score
I'm not a big believer in conspiracy theories that can never be proven, and I might have taken issue with your comments at one point in time, but you know what, I'm beginning to think that the zebras are consistently aligned against us in a sort of backhanded slap at UCONN for the Calhoun era. Officials are human just like everybody else, and they're all biased, just like everybody else is. Most of them hated Calhoun's guts, probably begrudged his success, and weren't bashful about letting a few close calls go against him. Ollie's his hand-picked successor, so the only way to show Calhoun up now is to show his protégé up.

I don't think in general officials are against UConn. I think this one guy was humiliated last year for not knowing the rules in the UConn-Marquette game. This is 2 years in a row with this guy.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Every home game, going forward, signs should be placed on every seat in Gampel or the HCC, that say "HEY STUART! TOSS ME!"

At the appropriate time in any game he may officiate, going forward.....hold 'em up.

It would certainly challenge the cameras to NOT broadcast this....
And it would certainly, appropriately, shame the AAC and Stuart, going forward....

They have earned our derision....we should give them what they have asked for....

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Every home game, going forward, signs should be placed on every seat in Gampel or the HCC, that say "HEY STUART! TOSS ME!"

At the appropriate time in any game he may officiate, going forward.....hold 'em up.

It would certainly challenge the cameras to NOT broadcast this....
And it would certainly, appropriately, shame the AAC and Stuart, going forward....

They have earned our derision....we should give them what they have asked for....

How about "STUART IS A TOSSER!" instead?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is there some sort of complaint against this guy that we can file with the league. Minimally WM should be on the phone to Aresco.

Reaction Score
How much of it is the KO factor? Meaning, he is a new, young coach and the ref's don't respect him yet? I feel like JC got a lot of calls b/c in part he worked the balls off the officials, but the refs didn't want to deal w/ pissing off a HOF coach. Last name you had KO vs. a hall of famer, you knew that Pitino would get the benefit of the doubt.

Reaction Score
I do
How much of it is the KO factor? Meaning, he is a new, young coach and the ref's don't respect him yet? I feel like JC got a lot of calls b/c in part he worked the balls off the officials, but the refs didn't want to deal w/ pissing off a HOF coach. Last name you had KO vs. a hall of famer, you knew that Pitino would get the benefit of the doubt.
I don't feel Calhoun got many calls. In fact towards the end I feel like the refs would stick it to him. Remember Blair/Thabeet when Blair almost ripped his arm off? Should have been an ejection. I feel part is KO being a young coach but that is no excuse for refs calling 2 different games.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Is there some sort of complaint against this guy that we can file with the league. Minimally WM should be on the phone to Aresco.

My heart tells me WM or someone from the university is doing this. But my head tells me that it would never happen, sadly.

Reaction Score
I don't think in general officials are against UConn. I think this one guy was humiliated last year for not knowing the rules in the UConn-Marquette game. This is 2 years in a row with this guy.
This is really the same guy from the Marquette game? No way

Reaction Score
As most of us are pretty astute about the game and have usually refrain from blaming the refs. Some boards always blame the ref's. Usually losing program use this reasoning . But WTF was going on last night, one of the worst officiated games ever and not for both teams , just us. That was a momentous swing which was to much to much to overcome . They did try though even playing lousy and Bazz not getting much help.

Reaction Score
My heart tells me WM or someone from the university is doing this. But my head tells me that it would never happen, sadly.
Give it some time. He needs to finish his donut.

(Sorry, I had to say it)

Reaction Score
We have to stop this. It was a bad call and maybe a couple more questionable ones but saying that's how we lost is nuts and saying it's some kind of conspiracy against UCONN with the conference is some kind of paranoid. We were one and done all night and they out toughed us. Like KO said, we made their front court look like Wilt and Kareem.

Reaction Score
Do the refs have a pre game pow wow where a league official highlights what to call and on who like the NBA does?

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Well, ultimately all this Stuart guy does is prove himself to be totally incompetent on television in front of a lot of people. I for one am thankful that I am not him...if I was I would have jumped off a bridge a long time ago.

Reaction Score
It is doubtful that WM will take any action. This guy is basically in denial. Unfortunately for UConn fans, his lack of experience and initiative is ultimately proving very costly.

Reaction Score
It is doubtful that WM will take any action. This guy is basically in denial. Unfortunately for UConn fans, his lack of experience and initiative is ultimately proving very costly.

Yeah if Warde was a real AD he'd be waging a letter-writing campaign over a blown double technical. [Insert gif of well-known person making incredulous face.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom