I'm guessing there will be some surprise names on Wednesday | The Boneyard

I'm guessing there will be some surprise names on Wednesday

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I know they are still working.
<--Is based on first hand discussions with staff or just your gut?

We don't have a ton of scholarships left without relying on attrition. Just 5 slots left based on the collective knowledge of The Boneyard. I think they will name 7 - 8 more kids, which will require three names to go on the roster or else some will have to grey shirt.

Reaction Score
Was at hoop game last night. RE and staff were the with what seemed to be 7 -8 recruits. The recruits seemed to leave with someone from staff mid way thru second half. RE and staff stayed back and watched game. RE seemed to be very engaged (just guessing from his size) with the DT from LA (Chris Green ?). OCRH was sitting next to one recruit for most of time and engaged in conversation. No clue who that was.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I would say that it's tough to have surprises in the age of social media. It wasn't quite en vogue during v1.0. But if there are kids truly waiting until signing day that we're on, here's to hoping.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Was at hoop game last night. RE and staff were the with what seemed to be 7 -8 recruits. The recruits seemed to leave with someone from staff mid way thru second half. RE and staff stayed back and watched game. RE seemed to be very engaged (just guessing from his size) with the DT from LA (Chris Green ?). OCRH was sitting next to one recruit for most of time and engaged in conversation. No clue who that was.

The possibly visitors through leaks, confirmation and plain speculation are:
1.Sheffield
2.Washington
3.Green
4.Kayoute
5.Gardner
6. possibly Mensah
7. possibly Pindell
8. possibly Vollmer

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
<--Is based on first hand discussions with staff or just your gut?

We don't have a ton of scholarships left without relying on attrition. Just 5 slots left based on the collective knowledge of The Boneyard. I think they will name 7 - 8 more kids, which will require three names to go on the roster or else some will have to grey shirt.

Maybe it's semantics, but 5 open schollies counts as a ton to me.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe it's semantics, but 5 open schollies counts as a ton to me.
Okay - sure. But when I look at the menu of potential players we have a shot at this cycle, I want them all (approx 7-9 names)- they all look better than some dead weight we have on the roster.

I will never name names, but there approx 5 guys on the current roster that by all accounts and deducting reasoning should not be on scholarship as they will never see the field.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Then it was a good thing the crowd was special last night. Shows recruits CT supports it's teams even when they struggle.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Okay - sure. But when I look at the menu of potential players we have a shot at this cycle, I want them all (approx 7-9 names)- they all look better than some dead weight we have on the roster.

I will never name names, but there approx 5 guys on the current roster that by all accounts and deducting reasoning should not be on scholarship as they will never see the field.

Definitely agree there are several players whose scholarship exceeds their talent for this level.

Reaction Score
I would say that it's tough to have surprises in the age of social media. It wasn't quite en vogue during v1.0. But if there are kids truly waiting until signing day that we're on, here's to hoping.

Very true about social media. But there are still kids out there without twitter feeds. But we may find out who they are on Monday.

If you look at the commit list, we are definitely short on the defensive line. We could use a DT and/orDE or two.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I forgot about the times Edsall kept things quiet until signing day. This weekend feels more like RE1.0 - but if he has a few surprises for us- even better.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Then it was a good thing the crowd was special last night. Shows recruits CT supports it's teams even when they struggle.

I'm a pretty shameless homer for UConn and know quite a few others, but would you really say CT supports it's teams even when they struggle? How many late-season games at Rentschler have you been to lately? What do you think basketball attendance looks like after a few losing seasons? Ever hear of the Hartford Whalers!? I hate saying it, but CT fans are as fair-weather as it gets. You've got a few thousand die-hards, everyone else only participates for winners.

Reaction Score
I'm a pretty shameless homer for UConn and know quite a few others, but would you really say CT supports it's teams even when they struggle? How many late-season games at Rentschler have you been to lately? What do you think basketball attendance looks like after a few losing seasons? Ever hear of the Hartford Whalers!? I hate saying it, but CT fans are as fair-weather as it gets. You've got a few thousand die-hards, everyone else only participates for winners.
Thank you @mikedog10! Cant be put any better than this!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I know that. You know that. Let's not let the recruits that attended the Tulane game know that! :cool:

Had split seasons tickets for the Whalers. Hated the move. Will always root against the Hurricanes as long as Karponos owns them although I haven't watched hockey since the move.

It is sad that the passion isn't there for UConn that is there for the professional sports teams in the northeast outside the Whalers (actually thought the Whale had relatively decent numbers relative to the Rangers and Bruins considering the perennial losing seasons).

I've felt for a long time that UConn should offer tickets to schools in the region to get kids excited about UConn sports. One of the reasons I believe people go to Yankees games is because there is generational attendance where parents bring their kids and when these kids grow up they do the same thing.

Reaction Score
The Whalers averaged 13,600 the year they moved. That was for a loser that finished under .500 and out of the playoffs. In their Hartford history, the Whale had three winning seasons in 18 years and won exactly one NHL playoff series. That is tremendous fan support for such a lousy team.

BTW, that 13,600 didn't count the number of people in luxury boxes, so the actual number is probably north of 14,000.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The Whalers averaged 13,600 the year they moved. That was for a loser that finished under .500 and out of the playoffs. In their Hartford history, the Whale had three winning seasons in 18 years and won exactly one NHL playoff series. That is tremendous fan support for such a lousy team.

BTW, that 13,600 didn't count the number of people in luxury boxes, so the actual number is probably north of 14,000.
And when they went to Charlotte they averaged under 10,ooo until the season they won the Stanley Cup. It was a move to get out of the region media contract, not lack of attendance. Pure business move.

Reaction Score
Totally agree with you. Even when uconn fb had good seasons people weren't getting to their seats until midway through the first quarter and then leaving at the end of the 3rd. It made me sick. College football is not a passion here in CT like it is elsewhere. Probably because we have on been FBS for like a dozen years. Maybe it'll grow in time. My thing is that if you have the tickets get your to your seat before the team comes out and stay until the final second regardless of the score.

Reaction Score
Totally agree with you. Even when uconn fb had good seasons people weren't getting to their seats until midway through the first quarter and then leaving at the end of the 3rd. It made me sick. College football is not a passion here in CT like it is elsewhere. Probably because we have on been FBS for like a dozen years. Maybe it'll grow in time. My thing is that if you have the tickets get your to your seat before the team comes out and stay until the final second regardless of the score.

I live out of state so I rarely if ever get to go to a game at the Rent. A decade or more ago I had the privilege to go to a few. I brought my brother who lives in CT, we scalped tickets on the runway. We were in minutes before kickoff. By halftime he was asking when I wanted to leave. He was wanting to be out by at least the start of the 4th to "beat the traffic". Just floored me. We stayed but he was upset the rest of the game. I found others to go with every other time I went.

Reaction Score
stay until the final second regardless of the score.

I'm sorry, but when you're getting smoked by Tulane at home and the sun is down and the wind is whipping and your fingers are starting to go numb...

... eh, I'm just gonna go home. Maybe that makes me less loyal. I don't know. I don't care. At some point, you're really just a glutton for punishment.

Reaction Score
I know that. You know that. Let's not let the recruits that attended the Tulane game know that! :cool:

Had split seasons tickets for the Whalers. Hated the move. Will always root against the Hurricanes as long as Karponos owns them although I haven't watched hockey since the move.

It is sad that the passion isn't there for UConn that is there for the professional sports teams in the northeast outside the Whalers (actually thought the Whale had relatively decent numbers relative to the Rangers and Bruins considering the perennial losing seasons).

Agreed, the Whalers actually outdrew the Bruins multiple times in the 80's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom