I'm glad they lost.............. | The Boneyard

I'm glad they lost..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
..................makes them hungry again, something to prove. I think now they have a much better chance to win #10. The stars are aligning in UCONN's favor, now they are much more motivated, Stanford will lose in an upset in the first three rounds anyway, almost always do. Kia Nurse is a terrific player and she will along with the rest of UCONN's freshman only get better as the season goes on. That being said I thought the refs did not call the game all that fairly, and I think KML needs to lose some weight.

Reaction Score
...makes them hungry again, something to prove. I think now they have a much better chance to win #10. The stars are aligning in UCONN's favor, now they are much more motivated, Stanford will lose in an upset in the first three rounds anyway, almost always do. Kia Nurse is a terrific player and she will along with the rest of UCONN's freshman only get better as the season goes on. That being said I thought the refs did not call the game all that fairly, and I think KML needs to lose some weight.
Get ready, cause you are about to cause a sp*t storm, here...

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
...makes them hungry again, something to prove. I think now they have a much better chance to win #10. The stars are aligning in UCONN's favor, now they are much more motivated, Stanford will lose in an upset in the first three rounds anyway, almost always do. Kia Nurse is a terrific player and she will along with the rest of UCONN's freshman only get better as the season goes on. That being said I thought the refs did not call the game all that fairly, and I think KML needs to lose some weight.
That statement is inaccurate. Stanford has reached 6 of the past 7 FF, which means they haven't lost in the early rounds of the tournament.

And I don't think that any one other UConn fans are happy that UConn lost. Maybe they've accepted it and can see the silver lining, but I cannot believe that anyone is happy.

Reaction Score
And you need to gain some respect If you are trying to stir the pot mwell done J k

Reaction Score
Get ready, cause you are about to cause a sp*t storm, here...
Yeah, I know. Lots of people will not like that comment. Just one fans opinion. I debated on whether or not I should bring it up because it is a touchy subject, but in the end I thought it just better to speak my opinion.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I know. Lots of people will not like that comment. Just one fans opinion. I debated on whether or not I should bring it up because it is a touchy subject, but in the end I thought it just better to speak my opinion.
I don't think her weight had anything to do with the loss.

Reaction Score
...makes them hungry again, something to prove.

I used to think that. Then UConn won 5 titles while undefeated.

Geno has said that a loss is never good.

The players don't need a loss to make them hungry. The coaches provide that in extra doses every day in practice.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm glad they lost...makes them hungry again, something to prove.
I'm not. And I question the fandom of someone who is happy with a loss. WTF? :confused: The point of the game is to win. (that's why they keep score) Just silly to be happy with a loss imo. However, yes there can be a silver lining to this "unhappy" loss.

I think now they have a much better chance to win #10. The stars are aligning in UCONN's favor, now they are much more motivated,
We don't know that at all. For all we know this loss may hurt them. Maybe the stars are un-aligning? No way to really tell now. We'll have to see how they handle the loss and what they look like when they come back, and probably not until they play an upper level team again (ND, Duke, SC etc.). Then we'll have an idea if there really is a silver lining in this tragedy.

and I think KML needs to lose some weight.
:rolleyes:
There are a few of you that think that. However, after working with the trainer/nutritionist all summer, it's been reported that KML is in the best shape of her life. You'll probably just have to accept she's never gonna be thin like Pulido or ripped like Battle. She's not gonna have the hops of GWilliams or Dixon or the quickness of Jefferson, or the speed of JMoore or the athleticism of Faris. But she does not seem to have any trouble playing 40+ minutes in a tense game.

So while you are "happy" about UCONN losing :eek:, I think you are gonna be unhappy about KML's weight. (how odd is that?) You'll just have to get over it (or not).

Reaction Score

You would fit like a glove on the football board.

Reaction Score
I'm certainly not glad about the loss, but did anyone think UConn was going to go on forever without losing? I start off every game worrying, "This could be the one." Usually, it doesn't take long to allay my fears. Well, this game was the inevitable one.

In reading all the comments, one would think we had major problems during the game. We didn't. We were ahead by 10 points with 6:30 to go. From that point Stanford went 8 for 10 from the floor to tie the game in regulation. In overtime we were outscored by 2 points. Now, I'm not trying to take away from Stanford's accomplishment. This was an important win for their program with the implementation of their remodeling. The importance was emphasized by the championship type celebration that occurred at game's end. But, in the final analysis, we lost by 2 points in a hostile environment with the crowd keeping track of lane violations for the refs. I take nothing away from Stanford or their fans, they did a great job. Disappointing, yes, we were so close. But certainly far from a disaster being only the second game of the season with a bench full of future stars. The future looks pretty good to me.

Reaction Score
Personall, I'm with you. Losing is a good thing for this group, especially now and to Stanford. Everyone from the coaches down see problems to be fixed-- including leadership. For Stanford, its a shot i the arm- needed oxygen. Now they can buy even more into their new system. Perhaps the only team that would like to be #1 is ND. All the others would have liked to stay where they are. I don't think Tara is happy to have jumped to #1, beating Uconn- yes. I don't think SC wants to be #1- they are glad to have moved down. I think Geno is happy to be back with the pack. It is really the fans who are suffering after having claimed the crown before the cermonies. Now let us sit back and enjoy the process. As for Stanford, they have been one of the few teams that give me a soft stomach in March.
No comments on KML weight(problem?). She is in better hands then I would ever be. If it is an issue I am sure she and the respected people are onto it.
My view about her is that she was having a bad night and she knew(?) that at least one coach from the WNBA was taking notes-- all of which unravelled for her. But she has a history of getting back on her feet.

Reaction Score

I don't think KML needs to lose weight, although it certainly wouldn't hurt. She isn't out of shape if she is able to log 45 minutes against good competition. However, I think the coaches need to help her get quicker and smarter on defense, and set more complex screens to get her open looks. I just look back at her against Baylor at the XL center as a sophomore when she went for 26 points and was all over the court. She does seem to have gotten slower since then. Thats the KML I want to show up consistently.

Reaction Score
Losing is never good. A one point pull it out win would have been good.

Reaction Score
Geno deep down may accept the loss to be able to re-focus his girls on the big picture! He now has their full attention!

Good comment.... but this one from huskyrob1 ,"and I think KML needs to lose some weight." is truly bizarre. In many states this would get you fired for sexual harassment. I know in CA it would (most definitely). Since this game was played in CA perhaps CA rules should apply here.

I would like to see if any BY'r can run with Geno's practices (and keep up) and see what it does to your abilities and weight. I think that she has proven that her body type is quite effective. Her performance against UCDavis wasn't criticized this way. Wow. This is a definite dinosaur comment, that has no tact or place in today's reality. Speaking your mind without tact is a recipe for foolishness. I think most BY's would always appreciate some tact when it comes to personal attacks against the palyers. I know I do.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Here's the thing about KML. But first, Stef got herself into much better shape by the time she was a senior, yet she was still a "big" girl and "looked" heavy to most IMHO. KML may have a body type that will never allow her to look lean or svelte. It is what it is. She's a terrific offensive player, but gets exposed against quicker guards or wings.

Stef was able to plant herself most of the time in the paint so even tho she was in much better shape as a senior, you didn't see her chasing kids around the perimeter and fighting thru screens.

KML is what she is. She will never look like Banks, or even Williams. She will never "appear" athletic. If Geno is dissatisfied with her defense or fitness, he will tell her. Being a "bigger" girl did not hamper aTm's Danielle Adams from leading them to a NC a few years back.

Reaction Score
I wonder if practices change after a loss. Obviously they will focus on areas of concern but do they become more or less intense. Does anyone have any insight?

Reaction Score
All Geno's practices are intense, he will use the loss like a cattle prod to push them even harder!

Reaction Score
KML worked all summer with the UCONN physical trainer to get herself in the best possible shape before this season even started, just because she "looks" heavy she is in the best shape she's even been!

Reaction Score
I was at the game, and I was disappointed how slow KML was compared to the players guarding her, and the players she was trying to guard. And she wouldn't leave her feet to shoot over a defender on her. She didn't get open because she couldn't get away from the defenders. Now, if enough of her teammates can draw attention away from her, a sagging defender might not get to her before she shoots, as happened last season.

Reaction Score
A lost is never good but you can't win them all. I'm not worry about this lost for too many reasons. Its only the second game of the season if UConn play Stanford in January we will win by 15. Its a new team building chemistry takes time LeBron will be the first to tell y'all that. A d knowing that the AAC isn't so competitive UConn will gain a lot of confidence in conference play. Not to mentioned I'm watching ND and MSU even tho they probably win they don't look so good either right now
#werfine

Reaction Score
Personall, I'm with you. Losing is a good thing for this group, especially now and to Stanford. Everyone from the coaches down see problems to be fixed-- including leadership. For Stanford, its a shot i the arm- needed oxygen. Now they can buy even more into their new system. Perhaps the only team that would like to be #1 is ND. All the others would have liked to stay where they are. I don't think Tara is happy to have jumped to #1, beating Uconn- yes. I don't think SC wants to be #1- they are glad to have moved down. I think Geno is happy to be back with the pack. It is really the fans who are suffering after having claimed the crown before the cermonies. Now let us sit back and enjoy the process. As for Stanford, they have been one of the few teams that give me a soft stomach in March.
No comments on KML weight(problem?). She is in better hands then I would ever be. If it is an issue I am sure she and the respected people are onto it.
My view about her is that she was having a bad night and she knew(?) that at least one coach from the WNBA was taking notes-- all of which unravelled for her. But she has a history of getting back on her feet.

Seattle should take KML as a first pick but I'll throw this out there as well...

if they want to sell out all their home games next season they should also get Jude Schimmel with another draft pick or trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom