I'm getting a similar feeling... | The Boneyard

I'm getting a similar feeling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thinking back to the transition year to 1-A. UConn was 2-6, then jelled & won the last 4 games of the season including the rolling of Iowa State in Ames. The next year was an eyeopener.
This team is giving me similar vibes. The defense save for a few lapses has been stout. The offense is starting to come together. The o-line needs to step it up a notch & play as a unit. When it starts to mesh, there could be fireworks on the scoreboard.
I'm starting to think that an 8 win season is not out of the realm of possibility.

Reaction Score
I said on Saturday... 7 wins....I think we can beat Missouri. I think if Jax State took AU to overtime, we can beat Missouri and BYU.

Reaction Score
Thinking back to the transition year to 1-A. UConn was 2-6, then jelled & won the last 4 games of the season including the rolling of Iowa State in Ames. The next year was an eyeopener.
This team is giving me similar vibes. The defense save for a few lapses has been stout. The offense is starting to come together. The o-line needs to step it up a notch & play as a unit. When it starts to mesh, there could be fireworks on the scoreboard.
I'm starting to think that an 8 win season is not out of the realm of possibility.

Coachcap what vibes did you get when this happen to you!

Football Quotes Funny Coach Football Coach Funny(1).jpg

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I hear what you are saying Coach....and I really really hope you are spot on. I just can't get a good handle on the team until they play a solid FBS school. They have had a great start and a great foundation to build off of, but until we see if the lines hold up against better talent than Army and Nova...it's hard to know what we have...and what we can expect this year.

The whole team hinges on the offensive line (I think we all know that). If they can be competent against Missouri this week, then I am in your camp. The rest of the team is good enough and united enough to pull off some upsets and make a bowl run. But if the o line gets run over by Missouri...and BS gets knocked around, then the rest of the team is under too much pressure and they will really struggle.

I am hopeful that Verducci will come up with a plan that will protect this inexperienced part of the team and put them in a position to be competitive. Other than when Weist was HC, this feels like the first time UConn has had an OC in a long time that flexes well situationally.

I love your faith Coach! But...I am still in the hopeful phase and I hope to be on the Coach train next week!

Reaction Score
It's a good thing for one's own sanity to temper expectations and get real, but the good thing about a message board is the fact that you don't have to.

8 wins? Dare to dream. Why not?

Realistically if we can find a way to find 4 more wins the rest of the way I'll be ecstatic. Even 3 more would show significant improvement from the last 2-3 nightmare seasons.

Reaction Score
I thought about this too the other day. That season was my Freshman year at UConn. For the first part of the season we were pretty terrible, then something clicked and we finished ridiculously strong.

I'm not trying to kill anyone's buzz but this is my honest assessment of the schedule at the moment:

This next four game stretch is going to tell us a lot about what is this teams ceiling: @ No. 21 Mizzou, Navy, @ No. 19 BYU and @ UCF.

Realistically if we can win one of these games I'll be stoked. Navy at home should be a pretty good environment if we play well against Mizzou on the road and UCF has proven to be pretty beatable so far this year, but you know they will be out for blood.

Ultimately I'll be stoked to get out of this stretch

1) Healthy. These games will be brutally physical. We need to avoid injuries to BS, Newsome, Thomas et al.
2) Competitive. I want to see us hang with Mizzou and BYU on the road if not pull out a win.
3) A win or two. If we can get a win or two here I think a 6-7 win season and a bowl bid is not out of the realm of possibility.

If we can go through the first half of the season at 3-3 and remain healthy, I think we can beat USF, ECU and Tulane and steal another win from either Cincy, Houston or Tulane to get to 7-5.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I love this post Coach. Let's just take them one game at a time.

Reaction Score
I thought about this too the other day. That season was my Freshman year at UConn. For the first part of the season we were pretty terrible, then something clicked and we finished ridiculously strong.

I'm not trying to kill anyone's buzz but this is my honest assessment of the schedule at the moment:

This next four game stretch is going to tell us a lot about what is this teams ceiling: @ No. 21 Mizzou, Navy, @ No. 19 BYU and @ UCF.

Realistically if we can win one of these games I'll be stoked. Navy at home should be a pretty good environment if we play well against Mizzou on the road and UCF has proven to be pretty beatable so far this year, but you know they will be out for blood.

Ultimately I'll be stoked to get out of this stretch

1) Healthy. These games will be brutally physical. We need to avoid injuries to BS, Newsome, Thomas et al.
2) Competitive. I want to see us hang with Mizzou and BYU on the road if not pull out a win.
3) A win or two. If we can get a win or two here I think a 6-7 win season and a bowl bid is not out of the realm of possibility.

If we can go through the first half of the season at 3-3 and remain healthy, I think we can beat USF, ECU and Tulane and steal another win from either Cincy, Houston or Tulane to get to 7-5.

unfortunately, we are only playing Tulane once.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom