I'm fine. No need to worry. | The Boneyard

I'm fine. No need to worry.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of an article I read on Tupac a couple weeks ago in which he was quoted as saying "My words will not be accepted as truth until air no longer resides in my lungs."

If you really wanna make your point, Deep, get yourself killed. That'll get the people to listen. Until then people like me are going to continue to go to Hartford and are ripe for being shot down. Show me don't tell me.

Reaction Score
OMG....a shooting in an American city! Damn, that never happens! Like finding a unicorn....

Reaction Score
What are your thoughts on the unsolved homicide in Simsbury?

Slain MassMutual Executive Held Wall Street “Trade Secrets”

How do you think local LE handled the case? I live within 10 minutes of the murder. Very very sad.

Well, honestly, that's a really interesting situation. I actually have a few colleagues who worked in the same organization as the victim and have followed that story. It's pretty much all but ruled out to have been happenstance and has to be premeditated to some degree. There are no leads. After all this time, local PD are still asking people to come forward if you have any info. No forensic evidence to spark a trail. No ex-boyfriend, ex-husband connections. No texts, calls, emails, GPS, security camera footage of any kind to lead PD down a path either. It's a cold empty trail, which for a stabbing in the chest, is remarkable.

There's also a school of thought that she was killed somewhere else and dumped on that path. And Simsbury has had 2 murders in 14 years so it's certainly not commonplace.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of an article I read on Tupac a couple weeks ago in which he was quoted as saying "My words will not be accepted as truth until air no longer resides in my lungs."

If you really wanna make your point, Deep, get yourself killed. That'll get the people to listen. Until then people like me are going to continue to go to Hartford and are ripe for being shot down. Show me don't tell me.

Oh, my words are already accepted as truth. The Deepster haters know what I'm saying is true...they just don't like hearing it. I don't need a bullet in the chest to solidify that.

Reaction Score
Oh, my words are already accepted as truth. The Deepster haters know what I'm saying is true...they just don't like hearing it. I don't need a bullet in the chest to solidify that.

Deepster, which 3 towns do you not live in? Avon, Simsbury, West Hartford, Farmington.

Reaction Score
Well, honestly, that's a really interesting situation. I actually have a few colleagues who worked in the same organization as the victim and have followed that story. It's pretty much all but ruled out to have been happenstance and has to be premeditated to some degree. There are no leads. After all this time, local PD are still asking people to come forward if you have any info. No forensic evidence to spark a trail. No ex-boyfriend, ex-husband connections. No texts, calls, emails, GPS, security camera footage of any kind to lead PD down a path either. It's a cold empty trail, which for a stabbing in the chest, is remarkable.

There's also a school of thought that she was killed somewhere else and dumped on that path. And Simsbury has had 2 murders in 14 years so it's certainly not commonplace.
W-O-W, never heard of this. That's some crazy possible conspiracy. I'd imagine within the insurance business its possible to have a hardened view towards the general insurance death profits practice by banks, but there's an implication in there that there could even be hit squads out there maximizing profits: "JPMorgan Chase has experienced a number of tragic deaths among young workers in their 30s this year, we asked the OCC for the number of deaths from 2008 through March 21, 2014 on which JPMorgan Chase collected death benefits... "(request denied 'priveleged or trade secrets'). So how is this different than people scamming the elderly into buying life insurance (even absent the more nefarious instances where people are outright murdered)? The practice just seems like a systemic instance of the cliché movie plot where a big insurance policy is opened just prior to 'accidental' death. I'd sure what to know if someone took out a huge policy on my life - do these workers have the right to know? Why the heck do the policies continue after the person is no longer working there!?

Moving on to this actual case, what are the most widely held/likely among possible theories?
1. Ocum's razor random murder - 33%
2. You say ex-husband ruled out, but plot or other 16.5%
3. She was possible whistleblower 16.5%
4. She was party to or discovered dirty pool of random assassinations & murdered by syndicate 33%
Other ?

Reaction Score
Moving on to this actual case, what are the most widely held/likely among possible theories?
1. Ocum's razor random murder - 33%
2. You say ex-husband ruled out, but plot or other 16.5%
3. She was possible whistleblower 16.5%
4. She was party to or discovered dirty pool of random assassinations & murdered by syndicate 33%
Other ?

Common sense would say scenarios 1 and 2 would have had some forensic trail. Especially for a stabbing. There'd have been texts, phone calls, emails, etc. In this day and age, you just don't commit a crime of passion or randomly happen upon a jogger, murder her in cold blood and escape scot free.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You could visit Chicago as I will in July. They just had their 1000th shooting this year.

I think the difference is that there's actually a good part of Chicago.

Reaction Score

Belief w/in the SPD is that it was a professional hit. Too perfect and absolutely no evidence trail.

arch

Reaction Score

Mr deepsteer, just a couple of questions, but first, "You have a right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used ......"

Reaction Score
Report Of Shot Fired In Hartford's Asylum Hill

I was two blocks away from this in my car when it happened yesterday. Don't worry about me though. I'm safe and unharmed. Carry on, Hartford. When is the next Yard Goats game?
I'm imagining that this is you driving through Hartford:

madmax-interceptor-wheel.jpg

Reaction Score
Belief w/in the SPD is that it was a professional hit. Too perfect and absolutely no evidence trail.
I guess I land there or a serial killer and rule out the latter because of who she was. So even as a professional hit its then either part of a large conspiracy or a Crimes & Misdemeanors situation where someone (goes back to ex, boyfriends) was connected enough to underworld to get a professional hit accomplished with no trail.

Seems like a situation ripe for some national investigator to come in right a book and shed some light on the shady employer insurance racket.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Or do you?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Its all gang-bangers and drug dealing hoods on the South Side.

My only experience on the south side came with a native...a friend from law school. Some interesting stories there. Took me to a bar his sister worked at and boy did they have fun with this white boy.

As for Hartford, @Deepster would be horrified with the route I used to take home from the Civic Pub back to Simsbury at around 2:00 AM. Back streets, then down Albany Ave. with occasional stops at a Shell station for Diet Coke. I'm lucky to be alive, but never had a problem.

Reaction Score
As for Hartford, @Deepster would be horrified with the route I used to take home from the Civic Pub back to Simsbury at around 2:00 AM. Back streets, then down Albany Ave. with occasional stops at a Shell station for Diet Coke. I'm lucky to be alive, but never had a problem.

Nope. I grew up not far from there. And I've worked downtown a good chunk of my career. I'm not horrified, but you're foolish to think it's safe.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nope. I grew up not far from there. And I've worked downtown a good chunk of my career. I'm not horrified, but you're foolish to think it's safe.

Never thought it was safe. I was just young, stupid and under the influence of beer.

pj

Reaction Score

You really want him to "show you" a Hartford homicide?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom