I'm back - catching you up to speed on UNH basketball | The Boneyard

I'm back - catching you up to speed on UNH basketball

Reaction Score
Some of you may remember last seasons lop sided win over my Cats. Allow me to brake down why this years match may not be so easy in five easy steps...

1. This is a team on the rise - last season we ranked 345th on ken's pom ratings. This season, we have surged up to 281st.

2. This team is extremely battle tested - having already played seven true road games, one thing I can assure you is that they will not be intimidated by any home crowd.

3. Were healthy - all five guys who started the season opener (a game we won convincingly) are 100% and ready to go.

4. Our players are in great shape - Nick Guadarrama played all 40 minutes in last nights contest with Marist, and has played 36 minutes or more in 6 of his last 7 games (the only exception being when we didn't want to run up the score on Maine Maritime). Bill Herrion demands a peek level of fitness from his players specifically for games like this. If it becomes a track meat, advantage UNH.

5. Were hungry and humble - many of us remember the devastation of being left out of the America East Playoffs a year ago. For us fans who had grown spoiled by regular trips to the America East semi-finals and postseason invitation's, it was a tough pill to swallow. For the player's who expected to continue a proud tradition of winning at UNH, it was very humbling to sit at home as up starts like UMass Lowell danced. This season, they have collectively re committed to UNH basketball and refused too take any possessions off.

I'm not saying UNH will win, but sundays match should give us a indication of which great New England program is closer to re storing they're strong culture's of winning. Happy holidays and drive safely!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Thanks for the summary.

I did get a laugh from reading this part though:
"sundays match should give us a indication of which great New England program is closer to re storing they're strong culture's of winning"

Reaction Score
If it becomes a track meat I hope it's USDA Prime!

Spelling and grammar look to be optional up in NH.

I usually don't like to comment on grammar and spelling on a message board, but this was bad. I found it funny that you left out an apostrophe where it should be at least 5 times (were should be we're) but then you added apostrophes (invitation's and player's) where they shouldn't be. There went my theory that the apostrophe key on your keyboard was broken.

Reaction Score
I went to see UNH play at Quinnipiac the other day. Quinnpiac won in a back and forth game. I think UNH gave up 50 points in the second half. I'm not expecting much resistance versus UConn.

They are really small, seemingly at every position. I think the starting front court guys are 6'5" and 6'6." Even Quinnipiac had a considerable size advantage. Should be a big game for Josh Carlton.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
2. This team is extremely battle tested - having already played seven true road games, one thing I can assure you is that they will not be intimidated by any home crowd.

If New Hampshire comes with 10 car loads of fans you might have a home court advantage

Reaction Score
I too thank you for coming over and explaining UNH BB. Good luck Sunday

Reaction Score
Whatever, we’ll destroy you in the New England regional spelling bee.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Some of you may remember last seasons lop sided win over my Cats. Allow me to brake down why this years match may not be so easy in five easy steps...

1. This is a team on the rise - last season we ranked 345th on ken's pom ratings. This season, we have surged up to 281st.

3. Were healthy - all five guys who started the season opener (a game we won convincingly) are 100% and ready to go.

4. Our players are in great shape - Nick Guadarrama played all 40 minutes in last nights contest with Marist, and has played 36 minutes or more in 6 of his last 7 games (the only exception being when we didn't want to run up the score on Maine Maritime). Bill Herrion demands a peek level of fitness from his players specifically for games like this. If it becomes a track meat, advantage UNH.

5. Were hungry and humble - many of us remember the devastation of being left out of the America East Playoffs a year ago. For us fans who had grown spoiled by regular trips to the America East semi-finals and postseason invitation's, it was a tough pill to swallow. For the player's who expected to continue a proud tradition of winning at UNH, it was very humbling to sit at home as up starts like UMass Lowell danced. This season, they have collectively re committed to UNH basketball and refused too take any possessions off.

I'm not saying UNH will win, but sundays match should give us a indication of which great New England program is closer to re storing they're strong culture's of winning. Happy holidays and drive safely!

^^

I love this guy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom