Illinois @ #9 Maryland - 2/17/21 | The Boneyard

Illinois @ #9 Maryland - 2/17/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
College Park, MD - 1:00 PM ET
TV: Big Ten Network (Chris Vosters, Meghan McKeown)

Video stream:
Watch BTN Live | Stream Games & Shows on BTN | FOX Sports (tvpli)

Audio:

Live stats:

Reaction Score
The major thing to look out for is the possible return of Angel Reese. With bottom feeders Illinois and Minnesota visiting College Park in the next few days, you wonder if Reese can make a cameo in each game. She looks fine while jumping like Michael Jordan on the sidelines. After Minnesota, they have two road games including a national TV game against Northwestern. The final game is a home game against Penn State and I'll be shocked if she doesn't play in that game.

Reaction Score
Maryland up 54-33 at the half. Benzan has 19 points at halftime.

Glad the site is back up.

Reaction Score
The major thing to look out for is the possible return of Angel Reese. With bottom feeders Illinois and Minnesota visiting College Park in the next few days, you wonder if Reese can make a cameo in each game. She looks fine while jumping like Michael Jordan on the sidelines. After Minnesota, they have two road games including a national TV game against Northwestern. The final game is a home game against Penn State and I'll be shocked if she doesn't play in that game.

Is it worth it though considering how well the team is doing? I'd hate to see her suffer a set back.

Reaction Score
71-45 MD with 4 min left in third

Benzan 22 pts, 2 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl

Reaction Score
Is it worth it though considering how well the team is doing? I'd hate to see her suffer a set back.
It’s worth it having her back. Don’t think they’ll take any unnecessary risks.

Reaction Score
It’s worth it having her back. Don’t think they’ll take any unnecessary risks.

I think they are going to wait until the final game against Penn State.

I had the Kevin Durant situation during the NBA finals vs Toronto come to mind. Been keen to see her in action but also would like to see her 100% next season too.

Reaction Score
Maryland win 103-58. Fourth time they have eclipse the 100 point mark this season.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
UConn could use some jump shooters like Illinois has. They hit a lot of outside shots.

Reaction Score
I really believe Maryland can compete for the Final Four with Reese back. She won’t be in the same shape she was to open the season, but as an uber-athletic 6’3” forward, she fills a position of need for the Terps. Among Angel, Collins, Bibby, and Styles, Maryland’s forward rotation can do a ton of damage. They do lack a 6’4” or 6’5” true center; I’m not sure whether that will be a problem or not.

Owusu, Miller, and Benzan at the guard positions...enough said. Easily a top five backcourt. Only Louisville comes to mind as better.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I really believe Maryland can compete for the Final Four with Reese back. She won’t be in the same shape she was to open the season, but as an uber-athletic 6’3” forward, she fills a position of need for the Terps. Among Angel, Collins, Bibby, and Styles, Maryland’s forward rotation can do a ton of damage. They do lack a 6’4” or 6’5” true center; I’m not sure whether that will be a problem or not.

Owusu, Miller, and Benzan at the guard positions...enough said. Easily a top five backcourt. Only Louisville comes to mind as better.
MD is as scary as they come.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Maryland looked good but when Illinois started running their offense, Maryland struggled to stop it. They have an impressive offense.

Reaction Score
MD is as scary as they come.
They’re reminiscent of the 2018-19 Notre Dame team to me. Not known for elite defense, but still a team nobody wants to play because it’s frankly just that difficult to match numbers with them. You put it perfectly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom