I'll take relevant for now... | The Boneyard

I'll take relevant for now...

Reaction Score
With the belief contender status is coming. We are not a complete team but in today's CBB greatness isn't really the same as it used to be.

Baylor got blown out today, Auburn won by 2, UNC getting demolished at home, Michigan a bubble team, Xavier lost to DePaul at home. There are no great teams this year and the best for now, Auburn, we beat.

UConn has no bad losses just a bunch of close loses to good teams. The team can spiral to the abyss the next couple of weeks, surprise us and win a bunch or something in between. I honestly have no idea so let's see where we are in 2 weeks. Either way I believe DH will find greatness at UConn eventually.

Reaction Score
Yeah at least every game is a meaningful game. There were years where we were already banking on somehow winning the conference tourney to get in, by Feb. They do still control their own destiny

Reaction Score
Yeah at least every game is a meaningful game. There were years where we were already banking on somehow winning the conference tourney to get in, by Feb. They do still control their own destiny
Counterpoint: Up until the Creighton game we were debating where our seed would be between 3 and 7. Now it is conceivable that we don't get in (albeit still unlikely, for now).

Reaction Score
Counterpoint: Up until the Creighton game we were debating where our seed would be between 3 and 7. Now it is conceivable that we don't get in (albeit still unlikely, for now).
Exactly. Every game from here on out has weight, in one direction or the other. There are a lot of teams now who already count themselves 95% in, or 95% out. I feel we are as close to 50/50 as you can get (non-bubble).
Today's loss was not just a rank and file 'L' though. It was a drubbing.

Reaction Score
I just wish Jackson could finish at the rim when he drives. Somebody has to teach him how to shoot a jump shot, especially the 8 to 12 footers. Worse release I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Every game from here on out has weight, in one direction or the other. There are a lot of teams now who already count themselves 95% in, or 95% out. I feel we are as close to 50/50 as you can get (non-bubble).
Today's loss was not just a rank and file 'L' though. It was a drubbing.
We are still #19 KenPom and solidly in the tourney as of now. Of course that can change with a losing streak, but in reality we only need to win the rest of the games we are “supposed” to and win 2 of the remaining Marquette, Xavier x2 and Nova games. With 20 wins, we are in the tourney.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
We are still #19 KenPom and solidly in the tourney as of now. Of course that can change with a losing streak, but in reality we only need to win the rest of the games we are “supposed” to and win 2 of the remaining Marquette, Xavier x2 and Nova games. With 20 wins, we are in the tourney.
There’s a good chance we don’t win any of those 4 games… that’s scary.

Reaction Score
With the belief contender status is coming. We are not a complete team but in today's CBB greatness isn't really the same as it used to be.

Baylor got blown out today, Auburn won by 2, UNC getting demolished at home, Michigan a bubble team, Xavier lost to DePaul at home. There are no great teams this year and the best for now, Auburn, we beat.

UConn has no bad losses just a bunch of close loses to good teams. The team can spiral to the abyss the next couple of weeks, surprise us and win a bunch or something in between. I honestly have no idea so let's see where we are in 2 weeks. Either way I believe DH will find greatness at UConn eventually.
Today was a close loss?

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I can appreciate that thinking to some extent but I'm worried about next year. We'd better have some freshmen who could can step in and contribute because right now I'm having a hard time picturing how next year's team is going to operate. And hopefully Ajax and Hawkins can improve significantly over the summer.

Reaction Score
I can appreciate that thinking to some extent but I'm worried about next year. We'd better have some freshmen who could can step in and contribute because right now I'm having a hard time picturing how next year's team is going to operate. And hopefully Ajax and Hawkins can improve significantly over the summer.
Who is leaving besides Whaley and Polley for next year?? Both are nice players but hardly irreplaceable.

Reaction Score
Perhaps our expectations were unrealistically high, the talent level and culture of success on this team is not there yet. Need more time. Also, Hurley is now coaching against a higher level of skill and experience. Hopefully he is learning and will continue to improve. The move back to the Big East is great for the program, but there's a hill to climb.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom