I'll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours | The Boneyard

I'll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What? Superstition based gotta wear game day threads, etc.

Game Choices.jpg

I've got other UConn stuff, but this stuff I actually wore a lot before I realized I was abusing Dynastic Treasures. I'll switch of the sweat stained '99 cap with the sweat stained 2004 cap (and yes they have been in the dishwasher) and for ordinary in season games I don't wear them, though I do don more modern T Shirts. But the 2002 T you are looking at comes out for Conference Championships and the NCAAs. Yeah, that's black Rustoleum paint on the T :mad:.

So care to share your superstitious sports wear?

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My 2XL standard hoodie . My main issue is that it is the same one I have had for 8+ years and I have a big hole on the right elbow. Still, every game day, I wear it
from beginning to end and both my coworkers and family (who are not UConn fanatics unfortunately) keep bothering me to get a new one.

1551722964371.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not WCBB related, but I finally got around to buying a Carolina Panther top last fall. When I bought this... the Panthers were 6-2 and in good shape to make the playoffs. I wore it every time the Panthers played........ they proceeded to lose 7 straight games and were eliminated from the playoffs :(:(:(:oops::oops::oops:Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

panthernike.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My 2XL standard hoodie . My main issue is that it is the same one I have had for 8+ years and I have a big hole on the right elbow. Still, every game day, I wear it
from beginning to end and both my coworkers and family (who are not UConn fanatics unfortunately) keep bothering me to get a new one.

View attachment 40474

Tell them if they don't like it, they've had 8 birthdays and Christmas' to get you a new one. :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not WCBB related, but I finally got around to buying a Carolina Panther top last fall. When I bought this... the Panthers were 6-2 and in good shape to make the playoffs. I wore it every time the Panthers played... they proceeded to lose 7 straight games and were eliminated from the playoffs :(:(:(:oops::oops::oops:Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bang
That's awesome. I wish I had that much mojo. :cool: (and thank you)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tell them if they don't like it, they've had 8 birthdays and Christmas' to get you a new one. :cool:

Actually, they would. I am just too stubborn and worried if I change. :oops::oops::oops:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

View attachment 40474
My fave as well. I wish I had one.

Last edited:

JordyG

Reaction Score
Not WCBB related, but I finally got around to buying a Carolina Panther top last fall. When I bought this... the Panthers were 6-2 and in good shape to make the playoffs. I wore it every time the Panthers played... they proceeded to lose 7 straight games and were eliminated from the playoffs :(:(:(:oops::oops::oops:Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

View attachment 40478
Maybe it's time to ditch that Dukies gear as well. You ain't helpin' a bit. I know I've said this before, but outside of UConn I root for the Dukies the most so....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

View attachment 40474

You do launder it once in a while, right @eebmg ? ;):)

Reaction Score
What? Superstition based gotta wear game day threads, etc.

View attachment 40468

I've got other UConn stuff, but this stuff I actually wore a lot before I realized I was abusing Dynastic Treasures. I'll switch of the sweat stained '99 cap with the sweat stained 2004 cap (and yes they have been in the dishwasher) and for ordinary in season games I don't wear them, though I do done more modern T Shirts. But the 2002 T you are looking at comes out for Conference Championships and the NCAAs. Yeah, that's black Rustoleum paint on the T :mad:.

So care to share your superstitious sports wear?
Hey Rocky- so, because I now live in Charleston SC, I don’t get to attend many games anymore, so my gear is in storage. I do attend the USC games of course, and the Final Four usually. I do possess an original 1991 Final Four T from New Orleans, and the 1995 T. I should frame them.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hey Rocky- so, because I now live in Charleston SC, I don’t get to attend many games anymore, so my gear is in storage. I do attend the USC games of course, and the Final Four usually. I do possess an original 1991 Final Four T from New Orleans, and the 1995 T. I should frame them.

You absolutely should do that if you have the wall space. Better yet, send them to me for safe keeping in this dry, moth free environment. I won't charge you.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

View attachment 40478
Triad, do NOT buy a UConn jersey!! ;)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
When I read the thread title, before looking at the OP, my initial reaction was" no thanks".

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe it's time to ditch that Dukies gear as well. You ain't helpin' a bit. I know I've said this before, but outside of UConn I root for the Dukies the most so....

Actually I was gonna go later today to buy a new Blue Duke hat to wear to the ACC Women's Tourney.... you saying that I shouldnt?
scratch.gif
scratch.gif
scratch.gif
scratch.gif
scratch.gif

Triad, do NOT buy a UConn jersey!! ;)

Actually..... I have a UCONN cap.... bought it about 20 years ago.. no idea where it is. I would try to find it out in storage.... but I dont want a bunch of husky fans hunting me down in NC :eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::confused:

JordyG

Reaction Score
Actually I was gonna go later today to buy a new Blue Duke hat to wear to the ACC Women's Tourney.... you saying that I shouldnt? View attachment 40499 View attachment 40499 View attachment 40499 View attachment 40499 View attachment 40499

Actually..... I have a UCONN cap.... bought it about 20 years ago.. no idea where it is. I would try to find it out in storage.... but I dont want a bunch of husky fans hunting me down in NC :eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::confused:
With your sartorial luck maybe you think of buying ND, Louisville and NC State gear. Just sayin'.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
With your sartorial luck maybe you think of buying ND, Louisville and NC State gear. Just sayin'.

ND Gear is hideous... and I cant do Red and Adidas.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When I read the thread title, before looking at the OP, my initial reaction was" no thanks".

But now that you've seen mine you really feel better, right? ;)

Reaction Score

View attachment 40478
Can I buy you a Norte dame shirt for your collection

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
But now that you've seen mine you really feel better, right? ;)
I could not possibly answer that question without embarrassment to me or you or both! Scylla, meet Charybdis! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom