I'll see you all in April. | The Boneyard

I'll see you all in April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I initially liked this board but have come to realize it's full of idealist homers that are still living in last season's glory, and it's sickening. I hope I return humbled and to admit that my early worries were all for naught. But I just cannot stand most of you anymore. So many of you watch this team struggle against utter competition and chalk it up to lack of chemistry. 2 months later, you laugh off the same struggles and parrot about last season. Well, it isn't last season. It's this season (and don't tell me that you knew at this point last season that we were NC contenders), and we're playing poorly at this juncture. There is no way around it, and after 12 games, there should not be any more excuses. Something is clearly wrong with this team. None of us know what it is, but we all know that something is wrong, and all we can do is hope that something turns around. We will not get out of the Sweet 16 if we continue to play like this. Hell, if we can barely beat USF, who's to say we'll even get into the tournament?

Imagine if Cuse beat USF by 3 points. You all would be RELISHING in their struggle, just as most of you are relishing in Pitt's current struggles. If you would, that's fine, but don't act offended or surprised or respond defensively when we're dealt the same mocking.

Good luck, guys. Again, I hope I return in 4 months a more humble person. If I do, I take back everything I've said over the past few weeks. I absolutely love UConn basketball with everything I have, but right now I can't handle the majority of you guys and your willful ignorance.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Can you still follow up with that bro of yours though? Just in case he has another Lamb encounter?

Reaction Score
You know what I doubt you'll be more humble in 4 months, not even in your lifetime, so in that case if I were you I would never return! We'll miss you though.

Reaction Score
peace-out-homeslice.jpg

Reaction Score
I initially liked this board but have come to realize it's full of idealist homers that are still living in last season's glory, and it's sickening. I hope I return humbled and to admit that my early worries were all for naught. But I just cannot stand most of you anymore. So many of you watch this team struggle against utter competition and chalk it up to lack of chemistry. 2 months later, you laugh off the same struggles and parrot about last season. Well, it isn't last season. It's this season (and don't tell me that you knew at this point last season that we were NC contenders), and we're playing poorly at this juncture. There is no way around it, and after 12 games, there should not be any more excuses. Something is clearly wrong with this team. None of us know what it is, but we all know that something is wrong, and all we can do is hope that something turns around. We will not get out of the Sweet 16 if we continue to play like this. Hell, if we can barely beat USF, who's to say we'll even get into the tournament?

Imagine if Cuse beat USF by 3 points. You all would be RELISHING in their struggle, just as most of you are relishing in Pitt's current struggles. If you would, that's fine, but don't act offended or surprised or respond defensively when we're dealt the same mocking.

Good luck, guys. Again, I hope I return in 4 months a more humble person. If I do, I take back everything I've said over the past few weeks. I absolutely love UConn basketball with everything I have, but right now I can't handle the majority of you guys and your willful ignorance.
Agree. I cant stand how certain people utterly refuse to allow anyone to point out deficiencies on the team. Whats the point of a board to just talk about how great we are when we play so crappy? I for one am still certain that we will be great at the end of the season and are going to win it all again. However, in the meantime, I wont sit here and watch us play so lazily and disinterested and not say anything. We blow leads to crap teams and come out flat against a bottom dwelling big east team. It all comes down to effort. If we play hard and lose then fine. But when we play so disinterested then Im gonna voice my opinion. That doesnt mean I dont love Uconn basketball.

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
This is a ridiculous thread. How long have you been following college basketball?

Reaction Score
WE WON! my god you can't win every ducking game by 10 or 20 points. They played like ? yeah, but guess what, we won. If you wanna watch perfect go set the level to rookie in NBA 2k12 and win every game.

Reaction Score
Agree. I cant stand how certain people utterly refuse to allow anyone to point out deficiencies on the team. Whats the point of a board to just talk about how great we are when we play so crappy? I for one am still certain that we will be great at the end of the season and are going to win it all again. However, in the meantime, I wont sit here and watch us play so lazily and disinterested and not say anything. We blow leads to crap teams and come out flat against a bottom dwelling big east team. It all comes down to effort. If we play hard and lose then fine. But when we play so disinterested then Im gonna voice my opinion. That doesnt mean I dont love Uconn basketball.

It's the way it's said like a bunch of petulant children, and in such certainty that turns people off.

We just won a Big East game, on the road, without our coach, and people say because of this "we suck"

It's stupid. And people are going to call you out on it, deal with it.

Reactions: SJ

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

That's not the point. The point is that the few of you cliff jumpers draw these grand conclusions about the team that are just utterly absurd. Was it a particularly good game? No. Does this team have "major issues"? No. Is Alex Oriakhi the worst basketball player on the planet? Nope.

Enough with the grandiose theatrics. If you can't handle a poor game without coming on here and proclaiming this team a failure then give yourself some cool-off time.

Reaction Score
I'm a believer in taking 24 hours before you post crap about the team. I yell at the tv as much (or my wife would insist more) than anyone, but I don't dictate my rants into a message board. I enjoy reading reasonable criticism, I don't need to read whining, bitching and moaning. That's what my kids bring to my life.

I actually believe that last year's NC has rightfully, and refreshingly, calmed people down.

Reaction Score
Is this a thread in honor of fn Joe Benigno of WFAN? I mean c'mon "BRO"s!!!!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I love these farewell posts. Ewe will return.

Reaction Score
That's not the point. The point is that the few of you cliff jumpers draw these grand conclusions about the team that are just utterly absurd. Was it a particularly good game? No. Does this team have "major issues"? No. Is Alex Oriakhi the worst basketball player on the planet? Nope.

Enough with the grandiose theatrics. If you can't handle a poor game without coming on here and proclaiming this team a failure then give yourself some cool-off time.
If it was a poor game fine. Were 12 games into the season now...No theatrics.

Reaction Score
It's the way it's said like a bunch of petulant children, and in such certainty that turns people off.

We just won a Big East game, on the road, without our coach, and people say because of this "we suck"

It's freaking stupid. And people are going to call you out on it, deal with it.
No I said Alex Oriakhi sucks. True statement at this point. Thats my point. If what you say is actually correct than you should be allowed to say it

Reaction Score
I'm a believer in taking 24 hours before you post crap about the team. I yell at the tv as much (or my wife would insist more) than anyone, but I don't dictate my rants into a message board. I enjoy reading reasonable criticism, I don't need to read whining, bitching and moaning. That's what my kids bring to my life.

I actually believe that last year's NC has rightfully, and refreshingly, calmed people down.

I'm just like you - in-game, I yell bad things at people who conveniently can't hear me. Afterward, I like to think I become a little more reasonable. The "we suck" posts are selfish - they don't accomplish anything, other than make the poster feel better.

Reaction Score
No I said Alex Oriakhi sucks. True statement at this point. Thats my point. If what you say is actually correct than you should be allowed to say it

Your post sucks.

Reaction Score

Goodbye. Feel free to take some of your friends with you,

Reaction Score
I initially liked this board but have come to realize it's full of idealist homers that are still living in last season's glory, and it's sickening.
I absolutely love UConn basketball with everything I have.

These are the two sentences that I just can't wrap my head around from the original post. How can you love UConn basketball with everything you have and be sickened by fans who are still enjoying a national championship? Bill Simmons once postulated that a pro team should get a five-year honeymoon period from its fans after winning a title, and those are professionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom