If you think the BY is being negative about our offense... | The Boneyard

If you think the BY is being negative about our offense...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
hell, we're mere amateurs with our gripes compared to the guys on the paid board at Panther-Lair. Here's just a couple of examples:

If Jurkovec remains QB we will finish 1-11. Also, our line, WRs, and even defense are reflections of the QB play.

The best analogy is what happens when you play in front of a hockey goalie who gives up 6-7 goals a night. At some point everyone starts to play like crap because no amount of defense or offense is going to make up for the fact that your goalie can't stop the puck. You play depressed and stressed.

That's what I saw last night. Everyone became sloppy because they felt like there was no hope. They had no confidence in Phil. Even on defense they knew that even if they stopped WVU, Phil was going to suck life out of them.

I'll keep saying this: what's taking place is just genuinely baffling. It makes absolutely no sense.

and then there's this, which is a level of disgust I hope we never see here:

Screw soft ass Phil....he's terrible and whines about getting booed. He's been in college for 10 years and still hasn't learned to play QB or take criticism like any other 28 year old man that gets paid to do his job. The kid from Duke played better against WVU. Screw booing... fans should shower him with beers when he comes out of the tunnel, throw batteries like at him like he was an opposing player at the old Vet in Philly, and students should punch him in the stomach every time they see him on campus. He's terrible and he whines and transfers when he receives criticism instead of attempting to improve. He needed to have been benched in the second half of two games but it hasn't happened so I'm hoping to see him go off the field one last time... on a cart.

They hate OC Cignetti too for bringing Jurkovec to Pitt, but man, I don't think I've ever seen so much hate for one college player in my lifetime.

Reaction Score
hell, we're mere amateurs with our gripes compared to the guys on the paid board at Panther-Lair. Here's just a couple of examples:

They hate OC Cignetti too for bringing Jurkovec to Pitt, but man, I don't think I've ever seen so much hate for one college player in my lifetime.

Pitt fans are trash.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You mean a handful of Pitt fans that you are aware of did. Let’s not go overboard here.
I guess that depends on whether you think the opinions on the BY are reflective of UConn fans in general or not. I tend to think yes, thus I apply same reasoning to the Pitt boards being representative of their fanbase (ok, not the guy who wants to throw batteries).

Reaction Score
I guess that depends on whether you think the opinions on the BY are reflective of UConn fans in general or not. I tend to think yes, thus I apply same reasoning to the Pitt boards being representative of their fanbase (ok, not the guy who wants to throw batteries).
Throwing batteries is WVU specialty, not Pitt.

Reaction Score

Didn’t UConn fans want Cignetti to be HC here?

Reaction Score
LOL at Pitt. Their fans are trash, and their coach is a Neanderthal. Go ahead and watch some more film Coach Duz, I'm sure you'll figure things out before you have to match scores with Drake Maye and Carolina.

Reaction Score
Pitt administration stabbed UConn and the Big East in the back during negotiations with ESPN
We’ve been stabbed in the back so many times in so many ways and by so many there must be a “stab me” sign on our backs. At this point we are entertainment material ..”hey, wanna talk to UConn and screw with their heads.. it’ll be hilarious.”

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
We’ve been stabbed in the back so many times in so many ways and by so many there must be a “stab me” sign on our backs. At this point we are entertainment material ..”hey, wanna talk to UConn and screw with their heads.. it’ll be hilarious.”
Watching Seed of Chucky last night and then reading your post made me think we’re pretty scarred up. But as the great Shane Falco said, “chicks dig scars”…I’d just wish conferences did too.Head bang

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
These kids are pros now. Taking some heat comes with taking money.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That's what I remember. They talked a good game while planning their escape with the other traitors.
100% true. And, if the shoe were on the other foot, we would've done exactly the same. Unfortunately, Rule #1 prevailed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom