"If you play the NCAA tournament 10 times this year Kentucky.... | The Boneyard

"If you play the NCAA tournament 10 times this year Kentucky....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
wins it 4 or 5 times out of 10"...Announcer (jimmy dikes) of SEC semis just moments ago. Possibly dumbest statement I have ever heard about NCAA tourney. Most likely if you play NCAA tourney 10 times this year (or most any year) you would have 10 different winners.

It is very hard to win the NCAA tourney, Kentucky is probably the best team this year but they are not dominant, are not deep and weren't challenged much this year in a weak SEC. They have some nice non-conf wins but to say they are basically 50-50 to win the tourney is insane.

They have a dominant player and 2-3 other legit pros but the tourney is wide open. I really dont want to play Kentucky in 2nd round in Louisville (a fair chance we might) but we could beat them and so can 12-15 other teams.

Reaction Score
It's a ridiculous statement but is expected from Kentucky's biggest fanboy. It's really creepy the way that guy talks about Kentucky and Calipari.

Reaction Score
UK is scary good, but we all know that unless you have a dominating team with a core of upperclassmen, and even then winning those 6 games and cutting down the nets is far from a forgone conclusion.

As much as I don't like the Squid and UK, that's the team that I like the most. They aren't very deep though and a foul plagued game could be their undoing.

I really think -4 is up for grabs. Not sure we'll have two very low seeds make it like we did last year with Butler and VCU, but I would not be shocked if most of the 1s and 2s don't get there.

Reaction Score
The Cats also have the most pressure on them. Lots of things can happen in any one game --teams can be hot or cold shooting, they can get into foul trouble, commit nervous turnovers, etc. I'm convinced that if we play Kentucky, JC will take the air out of the ball like he did with Cuse, making it a game of points per possession, rather than total points.

Aside from all of talent on the KY roster, Calipari uses a dribble-drive offense and defending it is difficult to do as it tends to collect fouls. But in one game, anything can happen. Kentucky doesn't get to make it a "best of" series.

caw

Reaction Score
UK is scary good, but we all know that unless you have a dominating team with a core of upperclassmen, and even then winning those 6 games and cutting down the nets is far from a forgone conclusion.

As much as I don't like the Squid and UK, that's the team that I like the most. They aren't very deep though and a foul plagued game could be their undoing.

I really think -4 is up for grabs. Not sure we'll have two very low seeds make it like we did last year with Butler and VCU, but I would not be shocked if most of the 1s and 2s don't get there.

They are an interesting team. No depth at the 1 or 2 or 5 but have enough swingmen who are strong and fast/quick enough to cover for that lack of depth at those positions and for all the coaching issues Calipari has, he gets that team to go after it on defense.

Reaction Score
It's hard to disagree with him. +125 seems about right. They are really, really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom