If you could choose just one Canadian UCONN player to start your own team with, who would it be? | The Boneyard

If you could choose just one Canadian UCONN player to start your own team with, who would it be?

Remember, you can choose only one.....

• Kia Nurse

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Nobody but Kia

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It's the same question as the other thread, right? (do you see what I just did there?)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Pu7r5Bv7_400x400.jpeg

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Kia would be the coach. Kia would pick Lou. Lou would pick Gabby. Gabby would pick Crystal. Crystal would pick Pheesa. After that it gets complicated.

Reaction Score
I think she calls herself “Mountie Molly” . She’s 6’8”and has a wicked hook-shot. Plus she looks terrific in red!!!

Reaction Score
Little known fact: Maya Moore's great great uncle on her mother's side was a Canadian before emigrating to US a loooong time ago. Therefore Maya surely qualifies. I pick Maya.

Reaction Score
I would pick Kayla McBride ;) Or was it Natalie Achonwa.... Whichever... You know them Notre Dame Girls know how to win and be good sportsmen....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Santa. Then Justin Bieber.

Mister2

Looking for Mister1
Reaction Score
I don't see nobody but Kia on the UCONN roster ;), so I picked Kia Nurse.

Reaction Score
Well, the other notable raised in Canada UConn player was Kelly Schumacher. I'd still vote for Kia, but boy, those ten blocks!

Reaction Score
hmmmmmm......Celine Dion class of '89 had one hell of a hook shot
Shoe-ie, Shoemaker (sp) . 9 blocks, maybe 10 in an NC game? Ok, she was recruited from Canada but not a native Canadian --but I'll push a point --
This year I'll take KIA, in the next years there is the potential for another. Oh, heck, if I can't get her--maybe I'll settle for another "colony" recruit, the Aussie.

Reaction Score
I would pick Kayla McBride ;) Or was it Natalie Achonwa.... Whichever... You know them Notre Dame Girls know how to win and be good sportsmen....
Achonwa wasn't only a Canadian, is also a First People--roots back 10,000 years.

Reaction Score
(I checked Wikipedia HERE. Truthfully, there were more than I thought. )

Then I chose some kid named Kia.

Reaction Score
I see my original post has new life. My intention was very tongue-in-cheek. At the time of this posting there were three polls operating at once (Badass; Player of the Game; and "Who would you choose....?) that intentionally or not were simultaneously celebrating the play of one other player not named Kia (not saying it wasn't deserved but it seemed a little too much at the time). So, Kia being my favorite, and a player who has been overshadowed by her teammates for four years, I decided she deserved a thread in which she was destined to come out on top. I see it worked! Up until a few weeks ago she seemed to have a lot of momentum going into the postseason but Crystal's injury resulted in her return to the point guard position, full-time for a few games, and in relief since, resulting in a number games that saw less scoring on her part and less proficiency making the three that seemed to come so easily before. So, she took one for the team and maybe her chances at AA were diminished as a result as well. Who knows? In any event, I'm going to enjoy the remaining few games we have with both her and her partner-in-crime. I'll be wishing them both Godspeed at Gampel Monday night.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Justin Bieber? Sorry Jordy, you are now dead to me...:eek:
C'mon. The Biebs has a little game. Just don't boo Santa, you wretch.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Don't forget Big Rig. With Shuey and Big Rig, ya got the start of an impressive front court.

0304SV06-01.jpg

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
C'mon. The Biebs has a little game. Just don't boo Santa, you wretch.
Rooting for Bieber is like cheering for Darth Vader...can’t do it

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
What the heck...it's my poll....

Sarah Nurse
Everyone needs an enforcer. Plus she could play on the UCONN hockey team. She is Canadian. Surely she is better than several of male USA hockey pucks.:rolleyes:;)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Sarah Nurse
Everyone needs an enforcer. Plus she could play on the UCONN hockey team. She is Canadian. Surely she is better than several of male USA hockey pucks.:rolleyes:;)
BC just had a women’s hockey player who used her 5th year and played on the WCBB team. The BC team is terrible but still..(at least they beat UNCheat)..

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
BC just had a women’s hockey player who used her 5th year and played on the WCBB team. The BC team is terrible but still..(at least they beat UNCheat)..

I know. I posted it. :D

JordyG

Reaction Score
Rooting for Bieber is like cheering for Darth Vader...can’t do it
You mean watching Star Wars you didn't? For me it was Vader and Mol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom