If you could bring back one member of last years team | The Boneyard

If you could bring back one member of last years team

Who does this team need more?

• RJ Cole- A point guard that can create and shoot

Votes: 40 65.6%
  • Tyrese Martin- Forward that can rebound, defend, penetrate

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Akok/Whaley- not expecting many votes but would be huge defense/rebounding upgrades

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
RJ and Tyrese would both be additions that solve some of our issues, but I think Tyrese more so.

He’s tough and hard-nosed, rebounded great for his size, drove to the basket somewhat consistently and could finish with both hands. He would does what AK doesn’t do. So the combination would work well, Rese starting AK spelling him.

RJ was very good for us but just like Newton he didn’t really drive with a purpose too often. Better shooter for sure though, and better/smarter defender as well

Reaction Score
Tough between RJ and Tyrese. I’m gonna go RJ but have him play more of his 20-21 style than his 21-22 game. He was a great tough defender in 20-21 and was comfortable letting someone else manage the scoring load. But 21-22 Cole showed us he COULD score if he had to, even when that should have never been his role in the BE

Mixing 1st year RJ’s defense with 2nd year RJ’s intelligence and scoring ability (if he has to) would be a great fit on the team.

Tyrese would bring great toughness and energy, but it’d be hard to bench one of him/Andre/Hawkins. PG is a position of need more than SG/SF

No disrespect to Whaley because he was a fantastic Husky, but non-shooters are what stalls our offense and our team is (on paper) built to shoot. Akok fits that mold but was just too inconsistent and would struggle to break through the rotation with AK and hopefully Samson

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Cole and it’s no doubt. I was lost in thought while driving today thinking this exact same question. Crazy that you were too. I was thinking we have no true PG and how lovely it would be if DH could have persuaded Cole to come back.

Reaction Score
We could use Martin's toughness no doubt, but the biggest need for this team is a penetrating point guard. Cole was amazing.

Reaction Score
We could use Martin's toughness no doubt, but the biggest need for this team is a penetrating point guard. Cole was amazing.
He didn’t really penetrate much. Last years team had a similar problem with that. Tyrese was the only guy who somewhat consistently took it to the hoop.

Reaction Score
Tough between RJ and Tyrese. I’m gonna go RJ but have him play more of his 20-21 style than his 21-22 game. He was a great tough defender in 20-21 and was comfortable letting someone else manage the scoring load. But 21-22 Cole showed us he COULD score if he had to, even when that should have never been his role in the BE

Mixing 1st year RJ’s defense with 2nd year RJ’s intelligence and scoring ability (if he has to) would be a great fit on the team.

Tyrese would bring great toughness and energy, but it’d be hard to bench one of him/Andre/Hawkins. PG is a position of need more than SG/SF

No disrespect to Whaley because he was a fantastic Husky, but non-shooters are what stalls our offense and our team is (on paper) built to shoot. Akok fits that mold but was just too inconsistent and would struggle to break through the rotation with AK and hopefully Samson
Something dreamy about this years AJ and 20/21 Whaley on D. He would have sewn Hopkins up. Rese would have battled too though.

Reaction Score
He didn’t really penetrate much. Last years team had a similar problem with that. Tyrese was the only guy who somewhat consistently took it to the hoop.
Wow, that's not what I remember. We needed Hawkins to score last year and he couldn't, so that left Sanogo inside and Cole both shooting and penetrating to score. I was amazed that for a tiny guy he could finish so well in the trees.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom