IF you care about uconn ... | The Boneyard

IF you care about uconn ...

Reaction Score
If you're passionate about UConn athletics and want the division to remain nationally relevant then you should donate annually and buy season tickets. As our AD stated there's no ceiling on raising money. Help UConn and DO YOUR PART BY DONATING.

Reaction Score
Yes, shame him into parting with his money. I just love when people tell other people how to spend their money.

If I told YOU how to spend your money I would tell you to purchase a brain. Or if you can't aford a brain then just cut your tongue off which would present stupidity from coming out of your mouth.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
How about this; support UCONN in any way you can. That might include any of the following:

1) Tickets to sporting events (any sporting event you like, not simply football).
2) Cheer for UCONN wherever you are, especially if other people around you are not UCONN fans or even collegiate sports fans.
3) Do the best you can at your job, and when they say, "great job," you reply, "Huskies are awesome."
4) Don't go to jail. If you do, make sure it was at the expense of BC or Syracuse.

Lots of ways to grow Husky Nation, y'all. Lots of ways...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Getting $100 donations will not add up to the loss in revenue we will take when the Big East settlement money ends. It is better to show up to football games and scream at Diaco. Maybe he'll listen, maybe he won't. Either way he's wearing red pants.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
How about this; support UCONN in any way you can. That might include any of the following:

1) Tickets to sporting events (any sporting event you like, not simply football).
2) Cheer for UCONN wherever you are, especially if other people around you are not UCONN fans or even collegiate sports fans.
3) Do the best you can at your job, and when they say, "great job," you reply, "Huskies are awesome."
4) Don't go to jail. If you do, make sure it was at the expense of BC or Syracuse.

Lots of ways to grow Husky Nation, y'all. Lots of ways...

They should set up a dunk tank outside of The Rent after every home game and put Diaco and his red pants in the dunk tank. Charge $10 per throw for fans exiting the game...we should generate at least $100k per home game! ;)

Reaction Score
Yes, shame him into parting with his money. I just love when people tell other people how to spend their money.

I bet you arrive late to football games and leave early. Are you guilty of this?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I can't believe the OP thinks donating annually is going to help.

You gotta go bi-weekly or just don't bother.

Reaction Score
Where does the money go? UConn already burned me and my entire graduating class of 2006. Our class donation/project was a lie and never existed and the money disappeared after promises were made. I followed up on this last year with phone calls to the appropriate people and was blown off after acknowledgement that the project never happened. The project was a remodel of bookworms in the library and you get bricks with your name on it to be part of the remodel - pretty cool so feel part of the university and can go back and point at your brick.

Point is, I would love to be donating to the university but can't because of this. I go to events and buy merch, but this is how to ruin future alumni donations 101 by UConn.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
If I told YOU how to spend your money I would tell you to purchase a brain. Or if you can't aford a brain then just cut your tongue off which would present stupidity from coming out of your mouth.

How much do brains cost? Not sure I can aford one that presents me from doing things you'd like me not to do.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I bet you arrive late to football games and leave early. Are you guilty of this?

Yes. Is Random Guy on the Internet now going to tell me how to spend my time as well as my money? Is there a reason you think I should care about your concern for how I choose to spend my time or money? Label me a bad fan. I honestly could not care less.

Reaction Score
Yes. Is Random Guy on the Internet now going to tell me how to spend my time as well as my money? Is there a reason you think I should care about your concern for how I choose to spend my time or money? Label me a bad fan. I honestly could not care less.

Please consider donating. If you're on here you're interested in UConn or you're just lonely. Either way donate. Put your money where your big mouth is.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Where does the money go? UConn already burned me and my entire graduating class of 2006. Our class donation/project was a lie and never existed and the money disappeared after promises were made. I followed up on this last year with phone calls to the appropriate people and was blown off after acknowledgement that the project never happened. The project was a remodel of bookworms in the library and you get bricks with your name on it to be part of the remodel - pretty cool so feel part of the university and can go back and point at your brick.

Point is, I would love to be donating to the university but can't because of this. I go to events and buy merch, but this is how to ruin future alumni donations 101 by UConn.
This is the same reason why I stopped donating blood.

Reaction Score
I used to have 4 season tickets and when they did that xl center renovation they bumped me from the front of section 111 to the nose bleeds (one of the last seats). I stopped donating and buying tickets. I called and complained and they said I didn't have to buy tickets if I didn't want to do I won't and I won't donate again either.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Please consider donating. If you're on here you're interested in UConn or you're just lonely. Either way donate. Put your money where your big mouth is.

No, I am not interested in UConn. I'm actually here because I'm conducting research on the effect of conference realignment on 500 insane people. The results have been quite interesting.

I have donated in the past and will again if and when I choose to, not when I'm told to. I don't appreciate being told how and when to spend my money. Big thanks to everyone who does regularly donate and if you don't, no judgment. I expect to be treated the same. But since you're so deep pocketed, I will let you donate double and that way my fandom has also been paid for.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
It's always the ones with the biggest mouth and complain that do the least

Do the least? Why do you feel that I have a responsibility to do anything at all? I wasn't aware it was my job to help fund the athletic program. I cheer for the teams and I go to games. I buy merchandise. I don't have to do any of those things. All it takes to be a fan of a team is to hope they win. If you do more, great job. I guess that makes you a better fan than me. Gold star.

Just donate and shut up. It's that simple.

Or what? You're gonna tell me I'm a bad fan? Oooo that's really gonna leave a mark.

I have about 25 people in my life that I actually care how they feel about me. Unfortunately you didn't make the list.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom