If we went undefeated this year would we belong in the CF playoff? | The Boneyard

If we went undefeated this year would we belong in the CF playoff?

Reaction Score
This is kind of an Einstein thought experiment. Just an exercise in theory.

If we won all our games this year. Michigan would be our best win. SU and NC State have faded. Liberty wasn't really on the committee radar. But we played a number of strong and winning teams.

So would going undefeated against this schedule be enough to garner consideration for the final four?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This year: no. However, if we went 12-0 this and next year, then you could make an argument if there were less than 4 P5 schools with less than two losses.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
We'd be behind the 1 loss p5s at least. No 13th game would hurt us too.

Reaction Score

If we won all our games this year. Michigan would be our best win. SU and NC State have faded. Liberty wasn't really on the committee radar. But we played a number of strong and winning teams.

So would going undefeated against this schedule be enough to garner consideration for the final four?
I don’t think so.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Assuming we would have beaten a 11-2 or 10-2 Michigan along with NC State and a fading Syracuse and there were not 4 teams that were P5 champions with 1 or fewer losses, then possibly but unlikely. The rest of the schedule was too weak and the "eye test" would become coin of the realm.

If we did the same thing in the following year, beating an eventual SEC Champion Tennessee and the above conditions still occurred, then I would say yes if we blew out every other team on the schedule and some of those teams turned out to be a lot better than we think they will be.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
We don't have the name recognition as a school and our players don't have the name recognition, either. More importantly, we have no history of putting butts in seats and there's no evidence we can make $$.

We are literally building the foundation right now. Next year we consolidate our gains. Then -- maybe we are going somewhere. But this is a miracle that's happening right now - we got our asses kicked by Holy Cross just one year ago!

Reaction Score
If the expanded playoff format were in place this year Liberty and Tulane would currently be in the lead for the G5 playoff bid. UCF wouldn't get it because they will be in the B12 when the new playoff format takes effect. Imagine the Liberty team we beat today making the playoff.

Reaction Score
ke2/[Ro(1−v2/c2)12]2 = G[Mop/(1−v2/c2)12]2/[Ro(1−v2/c2)12]2[toc/G]

According to my theory above..... No

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom