IF we lost..... | The Boneyard

IF we lost.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am never one to complain about the refs. However, if we lost that game, I could make a strong argument that it would have been because of the refs. I have NEVER seen UConn screwed by the refs so badly. Just the last two plays in regulation were ridiculous. Purvis getting all ball and getting called for it, and then no whistle on the other end at the end of regulation. I really think KO needs to work the refs more....we got screwed that entire game. Thank god it didn't cost us the game.....but that was a one-sided hosing like I've never seen before.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Thank you for your interest in UConn basketball. The exit is the at red 'x' at the top right of your screen.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
From a non-goaltend call to Rodney getting hit on his missed dunk to an obvious Cinci travel before they hit a dagger 3... yeah, the officials were pretty one-sided.

But who cares.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
What pisses me off most about the non calls, is ollies face while sitting on the bench!! Jump up and get pissed!!! Don't get a T, just get mad.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Is there someway we can have that arranged??

Reaction Score
You missed game 2 of the UVM-UConn hockey series.

Reaction Score
There were definitely a bunch of away games in conference this year that felt like the calls were going the other way a lot more often than not, but this one didn't seem too bad to me.

The "goaltend" was pretty close. Could see that called both ways. Seemed like fouls were pretty evenly called over the course of the game. Pretty physical play underneath that they let slide. Miller was getting the shaft with some calls. But all in all, the whole game didn't seem terribly lopsided to me.

I do agree that Ollie has a long way to go in managing the officials. Calhoun was a master of that, but I wasn't watching his early career, so I can't say that he was naturally gifted in that regard. By the time UConn's heyday was in its prime, he had 20+ years of coaching under his belt and he got the respect of the refs and knew how to command their attention. Ollie has to earn and learn that with time.

Reaction Score
It was definitely one sided all of regulation but during the entire overtime fiasco I feel it was pretty even and we got away with a couple too, in particular Brimah's hand check off of one of their missed free throws late.

The refs gave them to us when it mattered, especially every foul call on Hamilton late. Thank god we have a team that hits almost all of their free throws

Reaction Score
That was definitely out off Brimah's leg.

This is as productive as Cronin claiming Adams couldn't get the shot off in 0.8 seconds.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I will dump Cincy early from my brackets as usual.

Cronin's strategy of hand check and jump over the back on every shot and rebound kills Cincy every year when they get whistle happy refs. The only way Cincy knows how to play is foul, foul, foul. It works great in the grind of the regular season but is death in single elimination tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom