If We Lose to BC | The Boneyard

If We Lose to BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And that is looking more and more probable, even coming out of the bye, does Diaco make it back to campus? (I already know he wouldn't deserve to)

I don't see this team beating Temple. This team will be 3-7 going in to the game, 3-8 after losing our Michigan/Ohio State game (the first we've had in over a decade). It's already bad now... but what happens if that were to transpire?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Diaco needs to be fired now. His buyout is an issue. Can UConn afford keeping this clown of a coach on the sideline while the entire fanbase is rotting away? I am sure all donations will be down too after this miserble season.

This hopeless feeling is pretty sad.

Reaction Score
Diaco needs to be fired now. His buyout is an issue. Can UConn afford keeping this clown of a coach on the sideline while the entire fanbase is rotting away? I am sure all donations will be down too after this miserble season.

Extending him and making him more expensive to fire...why did we do that again? I think they painted themselves into a corner with that one.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm curious as to how any football game we play could possibly be our Michigan/Ohio St game.

Reaction Score

Yes fire him. Bring TJ back. 500K the first two years and 1.75 mil the second two years. Bet he takes it. Takes care of Diaco's buyout?

Reaction Score
Yes fire him. Bring TJ back. 500K the first two years and 1.75 mil the second two years. Bet he takes it. Takes care of Diaco's buyout?

That be ideal. TJ's offense at USF is killing it. I would take TJ right now over this joker.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
After the complete lack of progress this season. I would fire BD as soon as we lose game #7. It's what professional AD's do. If we want a top level FB program we can start acting like it right then.

TJ? The lack of imagination here is just as bad as Diaco's game management.

Reaction Score
After the complete lack of progress this season. I would fire BD as soon as we lose game #7. It's what professional AD's do. If we want a top level FB program we can start acting like it right then.

TJ? The lack of imagination here is just as bad as Diaco's game management.

I don't know if it's lack of imagination or knowing what you had. Maybe both I guess.

Reaction Score
I'm curious as to how any football game we play could possibly be our Michigan/Ohio St game.
Bob Diaco has made Central Florida U. the annual " Conflict Bowl " annual rivalry football game for Uconn. It doesn't matter if Central Florida doesn't want to become the annual football rivalry with Uconn ( or even want the Trophy when they win ). Umass will ultimately become Uconn's annual rivalry football game however, imo. Not CFU. Thats my hope anyway, once the football realignment thing finally works itself out in a few years. Uconn should ( will ) beat BC on 11/19th, imo.... as BC football blows even worse than Uconn football does at the moment ( despite BC's win today over an error prone, sleep walking Wolfpack team that looked disinterested for much of the game against a woeful ACC winless BC. )

Reaction Score

More like the Polish Cavalry v. the Austrian-Hungarians...

I know he won't be fired now, but he should get canned if he loses to BC, plain and simple!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Would you like for me to post the definition of "rivalry"?
Please do as evidently I have an entirely different definition than you have. I know Michigan/OSUnis as big as they get in college football. I don't believe that a rivalry needs to be of that magnitude to be viewed as a rivalry but in all candor, a football game between UConn and BC is less of a rivalry than the War on I-4. We haven't played them in a dozen years and the three year stretch of a game each year when we began our move to 1-A was likely the only time we played them that often.

Reaction Score
BC has a very good defense and they have speed on offense, but Adazzio is s terrible coach. If BC has a bowl to play for, it's going to be a long day for us.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
TJW should've been the guy in the first place

3-5, clock mismanagement blunders, almost losing to a 2-10 Temple team in Rhule's first year? Inflating the record by beating up on awful Rutgers and Memphis teams? Having the only truly skilled QB since Edsall left available and therefore looking a lot better than he would've otherwise?

Weist was an upgrade over PP for the remainder of the season, but I'm always puzzled as to why anyone saw him as the future of the program (apologies to his buddies).

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Please do as evidently I have an entirely different definition than you have. I know Michigan/OSUnis as big as they get in college football. I don't believe that a rivalry needs to be of that magnitude to be viewed as a rivalry but in all candor, a football game between UConn and BC is less of a rivalry than the War on I-4. We haven't played them in a dozen years and the three year stretch of a game each year when we began our move to 1-A was likely the only time we played them that often.

That's true, unless you look at ancient history. We played them six times from 1908 to 1915, two 0-0 ties (1908, 1910) and the rest losses, although in 1915 we only lost 7-6. We were still playing a number of HS teams back during that era, which was fairly common among colleges then.

We didn't play football during WWI, and they next appeared on our schedule in 1927 and 1928.

Then there was a 72 year gap until the 2000 season. We played them four times between 2000 and 2004.

Our overall series record is 0-10-2.

Reaction Score
There is no way in hell we are going to beat BC. We just managed a lousy three points against ECU. The BC defense will outscore our offense.

"Devon, I've led a soldier's life and I've never seen anything as brutally clear as this. It's as if I can actually see the blue troops in one long bloody moment going up the long slope to the stony top, like it was already done, already a memory. Odd....like tomorrow has already happened and there's nothing you can do about it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom