If We Go Independent In Football... Scheduling | The Boneyard

If We Go Independent In Football... Scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any thoughts about what's feasible in terms of longer term arrangements with other programs?
What might we see? What would you like to see?

Reaction Score
Army, BYU and UMass every year. On the other hand, if the AAC takes them this could be the best day in the history of UMass football.

Reaction Score
It will be rough if you are a fan who likes to attend games. The majority of home games will likely be against FCS, low level G5 (MAC/CUSA) and some combination of independents like Army, Umass, BYU, and NMSU. I imagine that there will be a good bit of black balling from current AAC Schools and ESPN Properties like The ACC and SEC. Fox will probably arrange some payday road games for your AD against Pac 12, Big 12, and B1G Schools as a reward for helping prop up the NBE. Here come 10 PM kicks at Oregon State on a Friday Night...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I posted this on twitter but:

short term (next 4 years) you're almost assuredly going to see a few home and homes and multiple FCS games on the schedule per year. We have 8 games to fill for a season that starts in 14 months in a sport that schedules 5+ years in advance. What Liberty and NMSU did with their home and home the last two years we will replicate with one or both of them (shoot me).

In the future- we'll have 5-6 home and homes with Sun Belt, MAC, Independent, and CUSA teams will be the norm. We will play 3-5 buy games a year depending on the amount of home games we have and hopefully 1 FCS game but potential for 2.

1. FCS
2. Home game v CUSA/MAC/Sun Belt/Indy
3. Home game v CUSA/MAC/Sun Belt/Indy
4. Home game v CUSA/MAC/Sun Belt/Indy
5. Road game v CUSA/MAC/Sun Belt/Indy
6. Road game v CUSA/MAC/Sun Belt/Indy
7. Road game v CUSA/MAC/Sun Belt/Indy
8. Buy game @ P5
9. Buy game @ P5
10. Buy game @ P5
11. Buy game @ P5
12. Buy game @ P5

Reaction Score
The irony is that the AAC could soon be a better basketball conference than the BE.

Yep. The the counter argument is UConn basketball should generate more ticket sales against conference opponents than AAC.

Personally, I think football philosophy isn’t changing. Their future is in Randy’s hands regardless if they are in the AAC or not. If we keep sucking then drop to FCS. If we start doing well on an independent circuit, or another conference, then it’s a win-win and maybe the ACC or B10 will make a bid during the next TV deal talks and a possible realignment.

The unknown sucks for football right now but they are just gunna have to play the waiting game. I’m not going to stop attending games if they aren’t in the AAC. Period.

Reaction Score
Any thoughts about what's feasible in terms of longer term arrangements with other programs?
What might we see? What would you like to see?
What a dumb move! Who is doing this? The Big East will hurt us, since it is Catholic schools. Oh will...Nice knowing you D1 A football..let's shut it down!!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Indy schedule will be tough even with Fox's help. The calendar is your enemy. You can load up on road games and H/H with other indys but finding games in late Oct/Nov will be super tough.

BYU, Army, Liberty, UMass, and New Mexico State are the gettable independents. Here is BYU's schedules for the next two seasons and they are pretty full until 2024.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Liberty; Note the home games for these schools (yeesh)

Reaction Score
I wonder if SNY will bail football out with a good deal?

Seems like there would need to be money involved. Big money.
But let's be honest there are already schools that aren't in on all sports in the AAC. The league will have to think before capulting football but there could be something on the table from Fox.
At least we're back in the news - lol.

Reaction Score
Indy schedule will be tough even with Fox's help. The calendar is your enemy. You can load up on road games and H/H with other indys but finding games in late Oct/Nov will be super tough.

BYU, Army, Liberty, UMass, and New Mexico State are the gettable independents. Here is BYU's schedules for the next two seasons and they are pretty full until 2024.

View attachment 44034

No reason we can't occasionally get a Florida school on the schedule and maybe an occasional B1G or PAC. Even some ACC games might fall in our lap. I just don't anticipate a complete garbage schedule. I put us a couple of clicks above Liberty and UMass because we still have other things to offer.

Reaction Score

View attachment 44034
With non conference basketball opponents Benedict can and will definitely leverage the mens and womens basketball brand into H&H agreements in football, and he can do that with a smile and a handshake. Geno is Geno, and if Hurley's program is successful this tact becomes very powerful. We'll come to your house and play you in basketball if you play us in football.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Maybe a football-basketball combo deal with a P5 school. Utilize our basketball brand. That's something that UMass and Liberty don't have.

Someone would have to remind me the last time that happend first. We could schedule 3-4 P5 games as an Indy, they'd mostly be on the road and in September.

Reaction Score
Someone would have to remind me the last time that happend first. We could schedule 3-4 P5 games as an Indy, they'd mostly be on the road and in September.

Maybe 2-3 at most. Probably all road games but it's better than nothing . . . I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom