If we don't win by a comfortable margin, we don't win. | The Boneyard

If we don't win by a comfortable margin, we don't win.

Reaction Score
I did a quick scan of our scores. In games decided by 10 or less points we are 3-10.

We beat Syracuse by 7 (our closest victory). We beat SMU and MSU by 10 (if you consider winning by double digits close). To say we are not comfortable playing close games is an understatement. Even with heroic's like AG last night, the team finds a way to lose. Some of it is luck. Some of it is mental toughness. Hurley gets a pass at this point.

If you're looking for a sign we have turned the corner. Winning a games in single digits against good opponents would be an encouraging milestone.

Reaction Score
Yeah if it’s tight at half consider it over. We usually come out of the half slow and go down 10. Make a comeback and pull it within a possession or two. Then forget to win the game in the last 5 minutes

Reaction Score
Bad foul shooting. Wasn't the issue yesterday but it has cost this team dearly the whole season. 2014 team won the whole thing with them, this team cant win a close game without them.

Reaction Score
My take is that none of the guys playing have experienced winning much so that they don't really know how to win. They've experienced losing too much. Winning begets winning and losing begets losing, as they say.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
My take is that none of the guys playing have experienced winning much so that they don't really know how to win. They've experienced losing too much. Winning begets winning and losing begets losing, as they say.

We just have to simply find another Khalid type/winner ready to come in and take charge from day 1.

Reaction Score

I get that logic but there are teams in our conference with less talented players that are also used to losing that have double the amount of conference wins than us. We are 4-11 in conference play. Hurley does not get a complete pass on that. If we were 8-7 or 7-8 then yeah, no problem. Even last year which was a disgusting effort from a poorly coached, less talented team, we somehow got 7 conference wins. Our record should be much better.

Reaction Score
I get that logic but there are teams in our conference with less talented players that are also used to losing that have double the amount of conference wins than us. We are 4-11 in conference play. Hurley does not get a complete pass on that. If we were 8-7 or 7-8 then yeah, no problem. Even last year which was a disgusting effort from a poorly coached, less talented team, we somehow got 7 conference wins. Our record should be much better.
In a world where Jalen and Gilbert were healthy all year, I'd agree with you. He's certainly not absolved of all blame, but Jalen went down at Temple and they are 0-6 since. Gilbert went down against Wichita and they are 1-7 since. That has to figure into this...

Reaction Score

There was also never a game last season where both Jalen AND Alterique were unavailable and it's happened for 4 or even 5-6 games this year if you count Alterique coming off injury. Hard to win with no point guards. That said, I think there are a few games Dan would want back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom