If we can get this thing rolling | The Boneyard

If we can get this thing rolling

Reaction Score
we have more potential than people realize.

One thing I learned last night--we have a BIG who can do the intangibles it takes to win play great D set good picks and rebound. An essential.

We have not 1 but 2 stars. Can we get a synergy with them--I think so! Why because theyre exact opposites

Excellent on ball D and the guard defense so far has been great--another HUGE characteristic. Can we get it to the level where it imposes a will?

We have quality depth--jees Andersen is F Good!!!!! Give me Vital from last year Andersen Adams and Gilbert--that is nasty defense. Now all I ask is that they settle in and makes one 3's

Length and depth--we have it in spades--each player has his own upside.

Think about this team playing like it did the last 5 minutes for 40---aggressive stifling D excellent offensive synergy in and out. Good post D and rebounding--sharing the ball when needed.

YES we were down 9 with 5 to go and yes things have to fall in place BUT the ingredients are there.

Im hoping from game to game that our defense really keeps ticking up and our offense stays efficient--I mean alot to like!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
UConn has depth and girth. I'm not so sure about length, but sometimes 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Last year they only had length, but neither depth, nor girth. The results were what they were.

Reaction Score
Scrappy (My Man!) no undefeated prediction? What's up with that?

Reaction Score
Yes, a Scrappy post! Always makes me feel good about things. Not because there is any way in hell that his forecasts would come to fruition, but that there is someone so optimistic... It's nice.

Reaction Score
Every game so far we’ve gotten beat on backdoor cuts and left shooters open for threes

Defensive rotations and close outs on threes have to get A LOT better and I think they will.

Reaction Score
UConn has depth and girth. I'm not so sure about length, but sometimes 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Last year they only had length, but neither depth, nor girth. The results were what they were.

They have depth, length (Larrier, Polley, Whalley, Diarra, etc) quickness and most importantly talent in the most crucial positions.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They have depth, length (Larrier, Polley, Whalley, Diarra, etc) quickness and most importantly talent in the most crucial positions.
Being skinny make 6'-9" appear longer. It's still just 6'-9".

Reaction Score
Just wish we had one dependable 3 pt shooter.
We have scorers but not anyone who can hit a 3 consistently.

I guess our best hope is Larrier to fill that void.

Reaction Score
Guys we were this close to losing to stony brook. Everyone crucified me when I said to relax and wait for the Oregon game to get excited. We haven't showed anything yet that suggests we're going to be a good team. We may well end up being good but we haven't shown it yet

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Defensively, we’re pretty much lousy. Offensively, we’re pretty much lousy. In terms of consistency, we’re pretty much lousy.

We were down nine in the second half to Stony Brook and let Colgate come back to within five after building a 14-point lead.

Those are lapses that lead to 20-point losses against Arizona or Villanova.

But...we’re 2-0 instead of 0-2, we’ve outscored both opponents by double-digits in the second half and not a single player has had a body part explode. We had nine players score last night. There’s stuff to work with.

So we’re not good, but we’re not as bad as last year. It’s really up to Ollie to put the new pieces together as they get into the tougher part of the OOC.

Reaction Score
Guys we were this close to losing to stony brook. Everyone crucified me when I said to relax and wait for the Oregon game to get excited. We haven't showed anything yet that suggests we're going to be a good team. We may well end up being good but we haven't shown it yet
Unfortunately this is true. We have Oregon, Cuse, and Wichita State before the year ends and I think there is going to be pain for us. Don't get me wrong I like our new talent in the front court but against quality teams can we score enough from 3? Until we play a quality opponent close or to a win we don't know.

Reaction Score
We looked awful beating two second-tier mid-majors. We will probably look awful beating BU. We could possibly look awful beating Oregon. The question is, can we look awful beating Michigan State?

Reaction Score
I believe it was 2005-6 when the team started 11-0, playing ten mid-majors and a so-so Ole Miss team. There were those claiming it didn't prove anything, while others pointed out that the record was 11-0, not 0-11.

They finished 17-14, which, admittedly, was not 14-17.

Reaction Score
I believe it was 2005-6 when the team started 11-0, playing ten mid-majors and a so-so Ole Miss team. There were those claiming it didn't prove anything, while others pointed out that the record was 11-0, not 0-11.

They finished 17-14, which, admittedly, was not 14-17.
FWIW, it was 2006-2007 (a year after the Elite 8 loss to George Mason). Omg, that year was so painful.

Reaction Score
Defensive rotations and close outs on threes have to get A LOT better and I think they will.

They absolutely have to get a lot better. We've played 12 players so far this year. Three of them played more than a handful of minutes of college basketball last year. Exactly how much feel for team defense do you expect them to have on November 15?

Reaction Score
I am cautiously optimistic. Out of those two words, put an emphasis on cautious. If Uconn is 3-0 and plays Oregon close, even in a losing effort and is 7-1 (even including an ugly win vs the cuse even if it is equal to last year) before losing a respectable game to zona (similar to Oregon last year), I will start to get excited. There is absolutely NO reason Uconn can not be at least 12-4 or even 13-3 going into this Nova matchup, even with 1 WTF loss and one WTF win.

BTW, I expect Uconn to have at least 2 WTF wins and 2 WTF losses by years end.

Reaction Score
They absolutely have to get a lot better. We've played 12 players so far this year. Three of them played more than a handful of minutes of college basketball last year. Exactly how much feel for team defense do you expect them to have on November 15?
After last year, having to sort minutes between 10 or 12 players just feels like such a blessing and a problem I am happy to have especially because I actually think Ollie will find a way to manage that ¨problem¨ well. Getting qualitly minutes in a big time game from your 9th or 10th or 11th or whatever player is just so nice. I like the depth!

Reaction Score

Post fail

Reaction Score

My expectations are for them to do enough to win ball games. There's way too many open and made threes happening and it needs to get fixed yesterday. Larrier and Adams bailed the defense out the first two games. The team can't always rely on that but I'm sure it will happen at least a few more times.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I am cautiously optimistic. Out of those two words, put an emphasis on cautious. If Uconn is 3-0 and plays Oregon close, even in a losing effort and is 7-1 (even including an ugly win vs the cuse even if it is equal to last year) before losing a respectable game to zona (similar to Oregon last year), I will start to get excited. There is absolutely NO reason Uconn can not be at least 12-4 or even 13-3 going into this Nova matchup, even with 1 WTF loss and one WTF win.

BTW, I expect Uconn to have at least 2 WTF wins and 2 WTF losses by years end.
BU, Syracuse, and Monmouth are all tricky games and that's not even beginning to discuss Auburn, Arizona, or WSU. If we go 12-4 or even 13-3 to start, that will be a miracle.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I honestly believe 8-4 or 9-3 heading into conference play is a reasonable goal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom