If we are stuck in the AAC, maybe we should push for it to expand | The Boneyard

If we are stuck in the AAC, maybe we should push for it to expand

Reaction Score
Let's go all the way to 16 teams. That brings more TV viewers which should bring more bargaining power for TV contracts. It also brings a higher probability of having at least one team be at or near the top of a given sport. If we add 5 teams I think they should be large schools with at least decent basketball programs. Ideally, their football teams would be good as well but, honestly, our basketball conference needs more help at this point. Having said that, how about adding George Mason, VCU, Ohio, UMass and ODU. That addition wouldn't be a huge help to basketball but it wouldn't hurt it either. It would add eyeballs and, hopefully, exposure. We need to start thinking in terms of making this conference better. Ideally we could steal some P5 teams but I don't think that is realistic.

Reaction Score
I love these ideas. Let's call the MWC who the AAC is equal to and see if they want to combine conferences. That would be a better move. Then chance the name to the CCC - Coast to Coast Conference. We would have better football and basketball teams .

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I love these ideas. Let's call the MWC who the AAC is equal to and see if they want to combine conferences. That would be a better move. Then chance the name to the CCC - Coast to Coast Conference. We would have better football and basketball teams .

That's another s--- idea.

Let's take a conference that is demonstrably worse than us and would add several bazillion miles to our travel while also diluting our revenue pool.

Let's keep the bad ideas flowing. What about the University of Toronto? Which one you chuckleheads wants to make a case for them? We could go international.

Reaction Score
That's another s--- idea.

Let's take a conference that is demonstrably worse than us and would add several bazillion miles to our travel while also diluting our revenue pool.

Let's keep the bad ideas flowing. What about the University of Toronto? Which one you chuckleheads wants to make a case for them? We could go international.
We should definitely grab the medical school on Grenada, lock up the Grenadan recruiting .

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Perfect.

We could also start a new bowl game there.

Grab a Sun Belt school as the opponent and let's stream that sucker on Twitter.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Denham Brown can flip the coin at the Mason game. (Yeah, still not over that)

Reaction Score
Perfect.

We could also start a new bowl game there.

Grab a Sun Belt school as the opponent and let's stream that sucker on Twitter.
Grenadan travel partner.

Reaction Score
Personally, BYU is the only school I'd want if we're talking all sports schools. I'd support a single Olympic sports only school to "match" the single football only school. In that case I'd want Wichita State.

Reaction Score
The only schools you even THINK about adding (FOOTBALL ONLY) are Colorado State, Air Force, BYU and Boise State. That completely separates the AAC from the rest of the G5.

If adding Air Force I'd add Army too. For me its about institutions, not football prowess. Having said that, there really is nothing that should be preventing Army from being on the same level as Navy and Air Force. It would be cool, to me, to have them all in the same conference.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Don't you mean if the AAC is stuck with us?

Reaction Score
I favor booting a western school (see: Tulsa or Tulane) and adding UMass which could develop into a nice regional rival for us.

Substituting Mass for a non performing western school would reduce travel times for UConn athletes and travel expenses.

Reaction Score
As long as we are pining ...

UConn fans should want two more HOOP top 30 teams. Think Incremental Revenue - no more shares of Football pie. Therefore Wichita State & VCU are the most likely. Both are competitive each year at the level over the last 5-7 years.

Of course ... I was the Chucklehead who wanted the U of Toronto - but that was only in response to someone desiring SUNY Buffalo. Can't do 5million eyeballs with a border crossing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom