If UConn gets the B12 invite, it will be a longterm marriage | The Boneyard

If UConn gets the B12 invite, it will be a longterm marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see a lot of people saying that the B12 is just a port in the storm until the ACC shakes up and a spot opens for UConn. I think differently on this. The B12 can easily stabilize itself here, and perhaps fend off an attack from the B1G in 5 years.

The B1G will be looking at Virginia/Carolina in the ACC. Maybe Kansas/Oklahoma from the B12. I think it's likelier that B1G will go after ACC teams, and that ACC teams will join.

If that happens, FSU and Clemson will be looking at the B12, and the B12 will quickly become the nation's #3 conference. UConn will have no interest then in moving to the shell of the ACC.

If the invite comes, be prepared for a very long stay.

Reaction Score
I see a lot of people saying that the B12 is just a port in the storm until the ACC shakes up and a spot opens for UConn. I think differently on this. The B12 can easily stabilize itself here, and perhaps fend off an attack from the B1G in 5 years.

The B1G will be looking at Virginia/Carolina in the ACC. Maybe Kansas/Oklahoma from the B12. I think it's likelier that B1G will go after ACC teams, and that ACC teams will join.

If that happens, FSU and Clemson will be looking at the B12, and the B12 will quickly become the nation's #3 conference. UConn will have no interest then in moving to the shell of the ACC.

Agreed. I hope the current B12 honchos see it that way too. Texas and OU would be fine if B12 collapse but the other 8...not so sure. In the past three days the narrative from a lot of sports writers is that expansion is solely about having better odds to make a CFP. That's craziness. If they expand for any reason other than $$ and stability than they're already doomed and the ACC becomes P4 as B12 dies.

Reaction Score
UNC's academic reputation is shot. They might also prefer the SEC themselves. UVA remains to be seen. VT would probably accept an invite to the Big Ten in a heartbeat.

Oklahoma would probably go to the SEC. Perfect cultural fit. Trail of Tears.

Reaction Score
Uconn will be a long shot at best for big 12 invite, and realistically they have no shot

I am hoping for at least the big east

Reaction Score
I would not see any certainty that the b12 stays together past the current length of the grant of rights which i think is 2025 or 26 unless an expansion now extends that period. This group is just not in synch. However, you take p5 where you can get it.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

The B1G is not looking to expand. Why? Because the smaller schools realize expansion means a likely split down the road where the top 8-10 schools take the B1G name and leave the rest to live in purgatory. 14 is unwieldy as it is, and I don't see any conferences getting bigger than that. I believe the WAC tried the 16-team model, and we all know how well that turned out.

Reaction Score
The B1G is not looking to expand. Why? Because the smaller schools realize expansion means a likely split down the road where the top 8-10 schools take the B1G name and leave the rest to live in purgatory. 14 is unwieldy as it is, and I don't see any conferences getting bigger than that. I believe the WAC tried the 16-team model, and we all know how well that turned out.

I can't imagine the fever dreams that lead to these posts.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Uconn will be a long shot at best for big 12 invite, and realistically they have no shot

Really? If you are going to spout nonsense that has no basis in fact or reality (since we know that UConn is on a short list of schools that the analysts for the Big 12 looked at and since some reports are UConn was #1 in those reports) then why make them negative? If I'm going to hold on to some fantasy delusion, I'd make it a damned good one.

Reaction Score

I agree with you Jorge, but this is my first post, so I'm the last guy you'd want on your side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom