IF UConn gets Howard... | The Boneyard

IF UConn gets Howard...

Reaction Score
How will all the BY’ers that are in a state of depression feel??

Lineup would more than likely be...
1-Crystal Dangerfield
2-Lou
3-CW/MW
4-Pheesa
5-Howard

Solid bench of ONO, Batouly, Coombs & CW or MW.

I still don’t see Lou or Pheesa hardly ever coming out against top teams as the drop off in talent from them to the next player is much more significant than the last 2 years. But this bench looks much deeper than years past.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine that UConn would take a one and done player who's presence might
engender some resentment among the bench players who have been working hard
for a year or two and who's minutes she would be taking. Possibly bad chemistry.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine that UConn would take a one and done player who's presence might
for a year or two and who's minutes she would be taking. Possibly bad chemistry.
These were my thoughts also but she’s taking an official visit this weekend to Storrs. I’m sure the convos will be extremely blunt this weekend about expectations among teammates & coaching staff as well as Howard being straight forward. Sounds like her main focus is wanting to win & if that’s the case she should fit into a great role w/ UConn. If she’s looking to be a go-to player, she may want to keep looking.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not at UCONN. All the UCONN players will continue to work as hard as possible. I would be disappointed and extremely surprised if the bench players just rolled over and conceded minutes to Howard or anyone else.
Besides, if you are a UCONN bench player who would you rather be competing against for minutes Howard or Stevens?

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Also she's seriously undersized at 5-11... Barbara Turner was great at 5-11 in the post, but she had her limitations and also I don't think there were other great options on the roster at the time...

Reaction Score
Also she's seriously undersized at 5-11... Barbara Turner was great at 5-11 in the post, but she had her limitations and also I don't think there were other great options on the roster at the time...
Being undersized is our identity. Agreed, we’d rather have a 6’5” girl transfer in but there aren’t any of those out there that are realistic options. She averaged a double double I believe in the SEC. she’s an upgrade for what we have & that’s the key.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If UCONN can get Barbara Turner performance out of Howard sign me up right now! Even in her worse year Barbara was good for 10 PPG , 5RPG, 24 MPG.... that would be huge for UCONN next year and productivity I don't envision coming from any of the UCONN non-starters.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A lot of your answer likely depends on how you view Bent and Irwin. If you see them as playing a significant role in future, you may feel that way. If you see their role not changing from 2018, you likely would welcome Howard.

Reaction Score

1-Crystal Dangerfield
2-Lou
3-CW/MW
4-Pheesa
5-Howard

I still don’t see Lou or Pheesa hardly ever coming out against top teams as the drop off in talent from them to the next player is much more significant than the last 2 years. But this bench looks much deeper than years past.

Anriel is not a center, if it wasn't for her tenacity and rebounding she wouldn't even be a forward.

Reaction Score
Being undersized is our identity. Agreed, we’d rather have a 6’5” girl transfer in but there aren’t any of those out there that are realistic options. She averaged a double double I believe in the SEC. she’s an upgrade for what we have & that’s the key.
Agree. She would fill an immediate need and, as a minumum, gives time for the two freshman to get up to speed. If she plays well, she'll get Gabby minutes. From a team standpoint, win-win. And she'll get to showcase her talent further for the WNBA.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ooooo, what will you be singing?

Based on your response, I will infer: ?

I corrected that so I'm going to keep pretending I don't know what you are talking about. :D

Reaction Score
Not at UCONN. All the UCONN players will continue to work as hard as possible. I would be disappointed and extremely surprised if the bench players just rolled over and conceded minutes to Howard or anyone else.
Besides, if you are a UCONN bench player who would you rather be competing against for minutes Howard or Stevens?

Agreed...........and which UConn bench player would be better up front any way? Maybe Camara at 100% would offer a similar skill set and if she is then she will get minutes regardless............if UConn is fortunate enough to get Howard (and that's a big if) it really will fill a huge hole upfront and instantly turn the front court into a strength not a weakness............

Reaction Score
Where did the news of Howard taking a visit to Storrs cone from? Howard is not a true center but her rebounding and defense is what the team needs most at this time. If she can produce like Gabby, I’ll take it :cool:

Reaction Score
Anriel is not a center, if it wasn't for her tenacity and rebounding she wouldn't even be a forward.
She would play center for UConn defensively. Not saying she will be posting but because of our need to keep Pheesa out of foul trouble (we need her offense) she will be asked to guard the big girls I believe. She is very strong, as Gabby was. Keep in mind, Gabby also usually guarded the biggest post players.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score

1-Crystal Dangerfield
2-Lou
3-CW/MW
4-Pheesa
5-Howard

How does she transfer to Uconn and not sit out one season. This is not Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why this is a topic of conversation. I thought Howard wasn't looking at UConn at all. Am I wrong??

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
She is a graduate transfer and has completed her degree at Texas A&M in three years.

Thank you. I just looked that up. I should have been up to date on that. LOL... thank you

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom