If this conference is so awful, why can't we come close to winning it?? | The Boneyard

If this conference is so awful, why can't we come close to winning it??

Reaction Score
Totally outclassed today, have been many times. We're lucky to be in the half of the conference in basketball and football. Judging by this year, this conference is better than we deserve.

Reaction Score
We've been in the championship game all three years we've been in this conference.
Yeah, I know. That isn't winning the conference, it's winning the conference tournament.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I know. That isn't winning the conference, it's winning the conference tournament.

The AAC counts the conference winner as the team that wins the conference tournament, so you're wrong.

Reaction Score
Totally outclassed today, have been many times. We're lucky to be in the half of the conference in basketball and football. Judging by this year, this conference is better than we deserve.
Yeah, like I said in another post maybe we should join the NEAC. I mean only one top 3 finish 4 years in the AAC is unacceptable no matter what as this is UCONN.

Reaction Score
Obviously winning the conference tournament is the main goal but finishing 7th in this conference is absolutely absurd. Injuries aside, I always thought we could finish top 5 just by showing up.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
The AAC counts the conference winner as the team that wins the conference tournament, so you're wrong.
This is an easy excuse to mask our horrendous performance in the conference regular seasons.

Reaction Score
In four years we are 12-6, 10-8, 11-7, 9-9, not a good trend. And we never came close to taking the title.

So quit complaining about the conference. It's the team that needs to step up, the coaches, the athletic department, the fans, the donors, the conference seems just fine when they are playing us.

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? There is a regular season conference winner and a conference tournament winner just like all the other conferences. We have sucked in the regular season pretty much since this conference was formed.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
no vance really hurt and adams playing with and injured ankle didnt help

also when brimah and purvis leave it'll be addition by subtraction... love them but not what this team needs going forward

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? There is a regular season conference winner and a conference tournament winner just like all the other conferences. We have sucked in the regular season pretty much since this conference was formed.

No, there is a singular conference champion. Some conferences count the conference champion as the winner of the regular season. Some conferences count the winner of the conference the tournament as the champion. The AAC counts the conference champion as the winner of the tournament. UConn is the reigning conference champion.

Reaction Score
No, there is a singular conference champion. Some conferences count the conference champion as the winner of the regular season. Some conferences count the winner of the conference the tournament as the champion. The AAC counts the conference champion as the winner of the tournament. UConn is the reigning conference champion.
So SMU didn't win the regular season crown yesterday and Temple didn't win it last year?

Reaction Score

To answer your question, recruiting. we're just in a cycle where the teams above us, Cincy, SMU and to some extent Houston have better junior and senior talent than us. Some of that is due to transfers, Washington, Dotson, Gray, Ojleye all are at the top or near the top in scoring for their respective teams. I believe we have better talent in the frosh and soph classes, we'll get there.

Reaction Score
So SMU didn't win the regular season crown yesterday and Temple didn't win it last year?

There is one champion. You cannot have multiple champions of a conference. AAC counts their champion as the tournament winner and are one of the few conferences to do so. I don't know how else to explain it to you.

Reaction Score
In four years we are 12-6, 10-8, 11-7, 9-9, not a good trend. And we never came close to taking the title.

So quit complaining about the conference. It's the team that needs to step up, the coaches, the athletic department, the fans, the donors, the conference seems just fine when they are playing us.
I think the conference we're in has an effect on what KO can get player wise. It's a circular argument. Yes I take my hat off to SMU and Cincy to be able to excel in this conference but we need some big time talent to come in. Not sure KO has gotten that regardless of how they are ranked class wise. (Jalen yes)

Reaction Score
I can see pal and the other naysayers are ready to pounce. Just a very frustrating season for all of us.
It's just realism. I root for the Huskies as hard as anyone here. I watch. I donate. I'm an alum. I'm ready to jump for joy but I haven't had a reason since the opener.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom